I’m trying to understand the way Outernet is going to work, and I’m stuck on the exact purpose of the ground stations. Hopefully somebody can answer these questions:
- Are the ground stations the only devices that are going to filter the content of the Internet?
- What (estimated) size will these things be?
- How many will there probably be needed to cover all the satellites?
- Besides filtering and transmitting information to the satellites, do they have other functions?
- Is there anything known about the content of these stations (GPS, routers, antennas, etc.)?
- Who is going to set up these ground stations? Can anybody do this?