Knapsack for Hope - off topic

I just recently got into FTA satellite and borrowed the Directv dish I have been using for my Othernet setup. I purchase a GTmedia V8 finder and after a week of getting a feel for how to tune the satellite in I pointed it to Galaxy 19. While looking through the channels I found one called knapsack for hope. It appears to be a filecasting channel, where you record the stream and using their software you can extract the files from it. Has anyone had any experience with it?

Jason

2 Likes

https://knapsackforhope.org/

Not come across it until you’ve mentioned it…but Worldspace did something similar when it was running…You could filecast…at the time (early 2000s) it was revolutionary…you got a blistering 128kbps download!

Worldspace was fantastic…shame it went down the pan…

1 Like

I did a test run and recorded about 60 Minutes and successfully received a few files. I will give it a longer go tonight before bed and let it run all night. I’ll check in the morning to see what goodies come in. Here’s what it received in that short amount of time.

Looks good!..Do any of the videos play?..

Be interested to see what you get on an overnight run!

The videos and audio work. It appears they only have one package currently being sent. I am not sure how long they keep it going. There’s a date and current time for package push in the top right corner. If you watch the channel it gives you info on the content being sent as well. I will try running it all night tonight. I apparently didn’t set it properly and it only caught 2 hours and the same files downloaded.

1 Like

Looks pretty impressive!