L-Band Success Philippines. Thank you Outernet

You could also publish disease outbreak news: http://www.who.int/feeds/entity/csr/don/en/rss.xml

Under the ‘educational’ terms: http://www.who.int/about/licensing/en/

Or you could ask for permission if you wanted to be really cautious.

I think we definitely pass the educational test. Thanks, this was a good find.

Sam these are great suggestions.

I have a hard time transferring myself to the plight of people who cannot afford internet or even worse are not allowed to have it.

These are the people who should benefit from Outernet Information first, and then if there is bandwidth available my more comfortable needs can be met.

Well, there are business realities to consider first. We have huge payments every month to cover the satellite bandwidth. So what is most important is that we solve a problem and provide a useful service for paying customers. This allows us to dedicate a large portion of our bandwidth to the needs of those without access to the internet.

No files for 3 days. When will the carousel be fixed?

It’s fixed now. Can you confirm?

Got files last night and sort of today.

Strangely when it came back on downloading I saw my SNR jumped to 7.05 which is the highest I have seen.

Syed I just for the first time woke up and the Unit was working with a signal state of 4 and a SNR of 3.9 but more importantly I had received 18,000 packets with not one error!!!

Are you doing something different?

I received a lot of PDF’s so I assume that if there was a lot of Data transmitted and for some reason the Outernet receiver works better if it is kept busy.

PS I have not flashed my CHIP with the new software, I will wait for Outernet to release the USB stick update flash rather than do a Ubuntu flashing of my CHIP.

Nope–nothing particularly different. It’s been without changes for about a week now. I’ll add some more new files tonight.

The most recent .pkg will allow a USB update. The .zip files are the ones that require reflashing, while the .pkg can be placed on a thumb drive.

Syed,

Can the Settings _ Library screen please have some kind of heartbeat as it can take a while to visually tell if it has locked up etc.

Sometimes it appears the “received packet count” has frozen and then I refresh the browser window and received packet count is then higher.

If you could have a “heart beat” ie a small flash or a constant scrolling dials showing the packets coming in. I think it would be more user friendly.

I understand that the CHIP is CPU challenged but I think this would make the diagnostic experience more pleasant.

Also can you think about telling us the size of the “current downloading file”

Sometimes I watch a file coming in and the only way I have of knowing how long it will take to download at 1mb a hour is the percentage complete indicator.

If the incoming file could have a MB size in the description it would make it easier to work out how long until next file etc. Possibly even a ETA calculation on the downloading file.

We do indicate download progress in the circle next to the file name, but you are right, the actual size should also be displayed.

The UI will be undergoing some pretty significant changes in the coming weeks. Your pain is also ours.

Well you certainly have made one big change.

Wake up this morning and three files at once downloading??

Fantastic. Three times the fun…