Maverick LNB - *Bullseye is the Answer**

Bullseye is the Answer*

Hi Bill - - several of us have been going crazy over this issue with the Maverick LNB, but fortunately had a Dual LO which was shipped with the Dreamcatcher v3.05 sitting around. We could replace the Maverick easily - - well some of us had to get a ladder out to crawl up on our roofs after we shoveled snow where it was mounted. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The new Dreamcatcher (not available yet) will be shipped with a Bullseye, however, Syed is making them available for purchase now for $15 (price just got reduced!!) Check out the new link on the top of othernet.is Ken

In answer to Maverick Single LO usage, I have applied the same Fine Tuning Technique I used on the Dual LO (which worked fine). I get these results consistently after honing in with minimum Freq Offset on the correct operating frequency set in my Custom Tab as 12.089280767 GHz. Consistent fluctuations, but no LOCK . I know Syed said using the Maverick would be more difficult, but this seems to show something else going on. Ken

As per Mr.Ken topic about an LNB

Discussion and follow-up

I am excitedā€¦ I got a lock using a Dish TV lnb18ā€¦ the dreamcatcher corrected almost 400,000
offset.

1 Like

Dish TV uses circular polarization. You should be able to get even better results with a linear LNB.

ohhā€¦
i installed a viewsat lnbf ā€¦ I think is v/h linear

1 Like

This subject title : Maverick LNB

I am also excitedā€¦ I got a lock using a Maverick LNB and with the help of Manuel (thanks)
ā€¦ now fine tuning is required/needed.

sat-lock

Well -40 isnā€™t a realy lock as i said before, the Maverick is just not the best thing i would say.
But good luck anyways, getting anything at all is a step in the right direction.

1 Like

I had your same experience. It look promising but never achieved Lock. Thatā€™s when I changed out my LNB. Ken

1 Like

So the important question is what are you doing differently? What do you use? What LNB do you use is helpful and where did you get it ??

I read and understand the Maverick LNB is junk.

Maybe I have to try the following at $ 15.00
Is this unit recommended???

Thanks

Well yes - - the Maverick is not stable enough. I also have a very nice INVACOM QPH-031 Quad Polar LNB I used to use on my FTA with Othernet, but it is only stable to +/- 1MHz. It doesnā€™t work either.

The answer is to use the Dual LNB:LO (which came with my Dreamcatcher v3.05) or the Bullseye. I am using the Dual LNB:LO and have 2 Bullseyes on order from Othernet. Iā€™m OK with the Dual LNB:LO now. Some other Forum members have come up with alternatives too. Ken

1 Like

What I am unclear about

[Bullseye 10 kHz Ultra High Stability Universal Single LNB]

And you mention ā€œDual LNB:LOā€
So you are talking about a device that has TWO connectors, NOT a single LNB

Interestingā€” ā€œfor this subjectā€
My understanding was an LNB single/duel related to the rj58 connectors.

It would have been my belief the image below, has two rj58 connectors, therefore is a duel LNB.
Yes, but ā€¦I read the image ā€œsingleā€. ā€¦arrrrr

So I am off to YOUTUBE to search and view videos about this subject.

Hey, you offer suggestions? Examples.

A picture or links that you are using? Order or purchase details.

Yes ā€¦ Iā€™ve been searching fleebay,amazn,abebaba and others.

A Dual LO LNB stands for Dual Local Oscillator, so it has two Frequencies it can shift at.
It has nothing todo with the Connectors.

Just get a Bullseye LNb it is the recommended LNb and it really works very well.

1 Like

DONE !!! Thank Manuel
PSA - This website ā€¦ is giving me error when I try to enter a message. Frustrating

Iā€™m talking about this LNB:

that came with the Dreamcatcher v3.05. It has the stability of Ā± 200 kHz. Ken

1 Like

that should be okay as well i guess. Seems like a similar LNb that i used so far for Othernet.

Ken ā€¦ When you say or others, ā€œno lockā€, do you mean the Status tab page doesnā€™t show any words, like blank. Or does the page show up properly but Lock says No. My problem is, Status page is always blank. Using Maverick.

What I mean is, I get the Status TAB filled in with information, but the Lock line shows either intermittent Lock/No Lock or just No Lock at all. With the Maverick, Iā€™ve never been able to tweak the Freq so I get Lock. Ken

1 Like

Yes ā€¦ yes ā€¦ Using Maverick LNB.
Blank status page in the Othernet tuner application.

the same for 3 months. until today

Yes - - I think @Tysonpower Manuelsā€™s APP works well, but the Maverick doesnā€™t. Iā€™ve been able to tune my Maverick and another LNB with similar freq stability, and got the same result - - NADA. So I changed out my LNB, and am fine. If you donā€™t have one of the DC v3.05 DUAL LNBs, suggest you order a Bullseye. Ken

1 Like

VE3SP
What did you do to fix it?