Maverick LNB - *Bullseye is the Answer**

Ken … That’s what thought.
I still have the DC 3.03 laying around. Thinking the front end of the DC 3.05 may be bad. Could I fire up the DC 3.03 and use the latest Skylark 5.8 software I’m using in the present board, just for a test?

I am using a ** Maverick MK1-PLL LNB **

Settings for the US Beam are 12.0894 Ghz - Beam Type 36 as stated in my tuner app.

Confirm your dish pointing.

“Manuel” was the key, His help. look for tysonpower and buy him a coffee.

[kenbarbi]
Yes - - I think @Tysonpower Manuels’s APP works well,

Correct

I’m of the opinion the Maverick is the problem, not your DC board or the Skylark Version. But yes the DC v3.03 will work fine with either version of Skylark, but probably give you the same result if you use the Maverick LNB. I ordered a couple of the Bullseyes from Othernet yesterday for my setup. I’m running on the LNB (DUAL:LO) that came with the DC v3.05, and am OK. My setup also works well if I use a DC v3.03. I believe Jerry @maxboysdad is not using a Maverick, and he’s up fine. Ken

i use a 3.03 as well, works very well with Skylark 5.8 @donde

While I’m waiting for the Bullseye to arrive, think I’ll change out the DC with the older one, just to be sure. Let you know results … Thanks

I’ve had issues retuning to the new satellite where it would oscillate between lock/no lock. In my case it was a faulty or corroded coax extension cord.

Correct, my unit is using the dual LO Single LNB that came with the Dreamcatcher 3.05. However, I am soon going to change to the Othernet Bullseye BE01. You may access it at aeroute.ddns.net.
Jerry

I’m using the advenger lnb without any issues if this info helps anyone

Good unit. The Avenger Dual LO LNB appears to have a LO stability of +/- 300 kHz which puts it in the same category as the Universal Dual LO shipped with the DC v3.05. Ken

Ken and others,

I changed back to DC 3.03 using same SD and it came up the same way. Blank Status. But sometimes the screen comes up. But it’s fake. Nothing ever changes like SNR always -13. Moving dish makes no difference. I know exactly where to point it, just like before. You notice how the Status page would shake slightly with the “heartbeat”. Doesn’t do that now, although the green LED flashes on the board. Both boards show same problem. Both Maverick’s also. Hard to believe the Bullseye will make it work. Should be here in a few days. Quitting till it comes. May completely quit. And just hope that Syed can stay on the air.

Hi Don. I had similar success (lack thereof) with the Maverick. I had a brand-new one that wouldn’t help, either. When I took the lnb from my portable unit, which is the one that came with the 3.05, and put it in place of the Maverick, I was able to acquire and get a status screen again… Please do give your new Bullseye a chance at it, I think you will be pleasantly surprised once you are re-aimed.
Jerry

Thanks Jerry. Just got email UPS says Bullseye supposed to arrive today, Fingers crossed.

My Bullseye came last week, I got it installed today. This is after a lot of fine tuning, looks pretty good. It takes around eight minutes tonight to get stabilized, but works great once it kicks in… I was able to tweak it to within an offset of 46, but not able to keep it there, around 150-200 seems to stick pretty well at this freq.

everything below 1000 is ace. The Bullseye LNB is designed with a temperature drift of 10000 Hz

New Bullseye installed.

Simple upgrade using @Tysonpower Manuel’s Freq Finder App. Much better freq stability. Ken

Old Dual LO LNB

OLD LNB

New Bullseye LNB

Bullseye

1 Like

Up and running again :+1: thanks to bullseye LNB, also spotted my location on the status page with a 3.75 signal, Thanks all.
Replace the LNB tweeked the skew and done.

1 Like

…and the Bullseye got reception back for me, too.

Although I could only get a lock for one packet, then it would lose lock - so I (finally) upgraded to Skylark 5.8. It began working, perfectly, immediately.

What’s the secret in getting my receiver to show up on the (very nice!) new status page? Is it just a matter of patience? (I’ve only been running again for about three hours.) I should be showing up as a green marker in the Raleigh NC area, but I’m not seeing it.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Should happen automatic if your DC has an Intenet Connection so it must be connected to a Wifi Network.

Well, it’s connected to a Wifi network that of course has a connection to the outside internet. Is it just a question of opening a firewall port?

Very possibly. Firewalling an internal IP address is a method for blocking Othernet reporting for those who seek stealth protection. Usually the default is not to be firewalled, but check that. The Dreamcatcher reports back every 5 minutes with a message called telemetry.othernet.is

If your router has a Traffic Analyzer, check to see what your Dreamcatcher is doing.