My logging script for RSL and RSSI

yeah exactly :smiley:
thanks!

Script works well but the date is 13 days behind in the csv file, time is OK. How do I correct the date in the CHIP? I thought it would get the date and time from Inmarsat but I guess not. The PC date and time is OK.

After sending this I noticed that Skylark V. 1.2 shows the same time as my PC time which is in local time (UTC +13) (daylight saving in NZ) although I have ticked the UTC setting. As above I thought the time would come from Inmarsat via CHIP ?

My latest news time files don’t make sense either. Are the times supposed to be UTC or Satellite time (Asia-Pacific)? or news item upload time?

Just remembered the “date” command in linux so have fixed that and the csv file is always at the top of the Whats New list. But CHIP falls back to the old date after a power down.

Nice script. I wish crontab was available though instead of sleep.

Question: Is it possible to do this on the RBPi3? (Or do I need to break down and spend $9…;-}

Thanks

A few days in chart. Note the CRC is divided by 100 to scale for the left axis, which is for SNR, so when see CRC 3 that means aggregated 300 CRC errors.

Nice job. Is this in UTC time? (Important to know local time if one wants to correlate with the Solar noise)

– Rich @ wc8j

yeah, UTC the -u switch refer to UTC in the script: “date -u”

credit goes to the guys above in the thread, I’m just reporting it’s nice results occasionally :slight_smile:

My log from the last week. SNR average is 8.4, RSSI -112.5. I now had 94 CRC errors in 15 days. My TV still seems to have an influence. I lose 1.5 dB when it’s on but it doesn’t correlate with CRC errors since I am still at 7 dB. My time zone is PST (UTC - 8h).

Can please share with me the script FILE.

you can collect it from the thread above, or find in my google sheet’s first page

@zoltan

Thank you, where should I insert it on the system?

here it’s well explained in the beginning of this thread
http://discuss.outernet.is/t/my-logging-script-for-rsl-and-rssi/3330?u=zoltan