I’m having no success connecting to Outernet with the following hardware:
- Dreamcatcher Single Board Computer (Skylark 4.4)
- Outernet SDRx L-band RTLSDR
- RTL-SDR Dongle with Elonics E4000 Tuner
- Passive Antenna
- L-band Antenna with Integrated Amplifier and SAW Filter
- Raspberry PI 3 with (rxos-rpi3-image-v3.1-201610302354+81529a1.zip)
So basically all the hardware sold at store.outernet.is. I have tried the following configurations:
- Dreamcatcher + no Antenna -> SNR = 1.5
- Dreamcatcher + Passive Antenna on LNA_IN -> SNR = 1.5
- Dreamcatcher + Antenna with Integrated Amplifier on LNA_BYPASS -> SNR = fluctuate from -1.5 to 0.5
- rpi3 + SDRx + no Antenna -> SNR = 1.5
- rpi3 + SDRx + Passive Antenna on LNA_IN -> SNR = fluctuate from -0.5 to 1.5
- rpi3 + RTL-SDR + Antenna with Integrated Amplifier -> SNR = fluctuate from -1.5 to 0.5
The SNR readings are consistent with the antenna being used no matter what board is used. I’m very confident I have proper pointing to Alphasat at 25E (I’m in Europe, but I also tried it last week in Honk Kong with I4F1-APAC).
I have attached a print screen of rxos (rpi3 + RTL-SDR + Antenna with Integrated Amplifier on LNA_BYPASS -> SNR = -1.5 to 0.5).
Any clue how should I approach this to find what’s going wrong?
Thanks in advance.