Not receiving

Hello,

Sorry for all the emails but after trying all the recommendations that all of you suggested we couldn’t get it working. So we have a couple of questions for you so that hopefully you guys can help get the outernet working:

• Our main question now is how do we separate the problem and do proper troubleshooting. How can we test that the receiver is working? With the software you suggested from progdvb? Connecting directly to the receiver through the mini USB port, that usually is connected to the raspberry pi?
  • We connected a monitor and keyboard to the raspberry pi to see if we could see something. If we want to check that the USB port coming from the receiver is actually working do you suggest any command?
  • How do we measure the elevation on in an offset antenna? From the beam or from the plate?
  • How much room for error do we have with the azimuth and the elevation for this satellite? How many degrees of error?
  • Can you confirm that the frequency that we need to introduce manually is 11929?
  • Since we are in SF dishpointer.com tells us that we need a 38.8 degrees elevation and azimuth 142.

Sorry for all these questions but we are eager to get it working. Thank you in advance,
Best
Mariela

Quality bar is never going to be anything other than 0% if there is no lock. We have an updated image that should offer more helpful information (though it is not meant to be used for dish-pointing). The updated image also has the updated G19 preset, so there is no need to manually enter the frequencies.

If you mean the tuner, you can test it by plugging it into a PC and use something like Sichbo PVR to test FTA TV reception.

From the last logs you sent me, it would seem the tuner does work, though as I said in my reply to that email, the attachments were a bit wonky, and it was difficult to read the logs.

I’ve never done dish pointing myself, but I seem to recall something about a scale being marked on the mounting bracket on the dish itself.

That is correct.

Forums do exist for the sole purpose of asking and answering questions. And thanks for bearing with us. :smile:

Hi @branko, thank you for your reply. A quick question about this test you mentioned here:

Do I connect directly the tuner to the computer with the USB cable that would go to the rasberry pi?
Thanks

Yes, that is correct.

@mariela I’m really sorry about the problems you’re having with the DIY Kit. Would you prefer exchanging the kit for the Lighthouse receiver, which is much more plug-and-play? And since it is a fully integrated unit, we are able to actually perform quality assurance on each unit.

Hi @Syed, yes we have invested quite a lot of time trying to get the DIY kit to work. That would be great if you could send us a replacement and even better if it was the Lighthouse so that we don’t waste that much time in the installation again.
Let me know what do you need from us, the address, etc. @branko has my email if you need specific details on where to send it.
Thank you in advance,
Best regards,
Mariela

For anyone that’s been following this tread, or bumps into it in future, troubleshooting revealed that the tuner (hardware) was faulty.