Only US Satellite sending?

HI Syed! My Dreamcatcher first use, Alphasat is down. Have you any news?
Regards to all!

Hi @pimbarola Weā€™re still waiting for an update from Inmarsat. Sorry for the lousy unboxing experience.

Tnx for reply Syed, I waitā€¦

Hi Ken,
Don hereā€¦back from Stasis! Iā€™m now receiving with Outernet active antenna, Dreamcatcher V2.03 and Skylark 4.4. Receiving from 4-F3. I see SNR of 10 +, better than I ever had with RPi setup. 100% packets. Other readings on Status page seem normal. However, I donā€™t see any data or files collected. I thought the Americas satellite was working normally and the other 2 were not. Today is first time Iā€™ve looked at Skylark. Maybe Iā€™m doing something wrong?
I see no Transfers on the Status page
Thanks

Updateā€¦All is working OK in LAā€¦Just had to wait awhileā€¦

@Syed - does this mean new antennas ? Or will the one that came in the package work ? I use this one: https://www.rtl-sdr.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/outernet_patch.jpg

Thanks.

Hello Donde

Well, I just checked my downloads here in Annapolis over Americas (98W), and have not gotten any new traffic since 10/02/2017 2:09:09. It is now 4 Oct 2017 1211 EDT - -

My Tunner is reporting frame lock, but just downloaded an old file which is puzzling:

Iā€™ll check it latter and report what I see. Last week there was some sort of download problem that @Abhishek fixed. Ken

Ken,
Hereā€™s the latest Whatā€™s New I received.

Don

This very interesting, Iā€™m not getting any new files, but my receiver seems to be working fine.

Iā€™m going to reboot it, and watch for new files. Thanks, Ken

Theres a receiver on the net thats in florida thats downloading, been pulling data all dayā€¦

Well thatā€™s a new twist for me. After my reboot, Iā€™m not downloading anything new, but my Dreamcatcher seems to be working well as always.

Abhishek @Abhishek , what do you suggest? Should I poke around or just reload the Dreamcatcher image? Ken

hi Syed what sort of update are we expecting from Inmarsat?

Are negotiations ongoing or are we just waiting for Inmarsat to implement the changes to frequency , bandwidth etc.?

Seasalt

I am now receiving new data files dated 5 Oct 2017 in news, amateur radio, and weather. I had a gap between 1 Oct and 5 Oct where I had no new files.

I canā€™t explain what happened - - files just started appearing again. Anyone else see this on Americas 98W? Ken

Ken
Glad itā€™s working again. I tell ya, since I started up again, the new setup with the active patch antenna and Dreamcatcher has given me 5 dB more SNR than before. See 9+ SNR. Just hope Syed can plow through his problems keeping Outernet alive.
Don

For a change in L-band frequencies, the same antenna can be used.

Definitely ongoing negotiations. Obviously, the current situation is not ideal. Iā€™m still waiting on new information.

I love freedom. My job is with people and I care people. I understand that business is business, but business without people what is it? The Inmarsat staff I do not think is doing well in this case, because it is depriving of free information (not me), people who can not afford any other information. I hope that in addition to profit (important engine), Inmarsat staff also consider the social role of this service ā€¦ for people ā€¦ with people ā€¦
Hello everybodyā€¦
sorry for my little English ā€¦

Iā€™m new to Outernet and didnā€™t even get my kit on the air because of this satellite outage. I strongly suggest putting up a warning notice in the web shop.

1 Like

Alphasat is up and running again, though the frequency has changed. It is now 1546.25. There is not a way through the GUI to change the frequency, so it will require you to edit a config file. Weā€™ll have instructions about this in a couple of days.

You need to change the frequency here: /etc/skylark_config.json

The web shop purposefully has no mention of the Outernet broadcast, as we do not want anyone to buy any of our products specifically for reception of data broadcast. Itā€™s a free service and as such, there is no guarantee that it will always be around. But based on your feedback, Iā€™ll change things so that potential customers are very clear about the nature of the free broadcast.

2 Likes

Congrats on getting Europe back but I am very lonely and jealous here in Philippines without a Outernet signal.

Outernet has been a fantastic Hobie for the 2 years, that I have had the pleasure of having it.

I really miss it.

Please hurry and get Asia back on air.

PS Is there anything that myself and other users can do to help?

+1ā€¦ willing to help too to speed things upā€¦