OtherNet expected 3 kbps / Does A DEMO exist?

I have read a few article about othernet and because I am new, the mention of ::

“The othernet is currently 10 kbps. It will likely go down to about 3 kbps”

So my question to the user base, Is the expected “3 kbps” usable as an UI ?

I have an internet access of 150/mbs so can not comprehend the new value as usability.

Does a DEMO exist or a portal into the environment ?

THANKS,

The Othernet broadcast is by no means a replacement for broadband internet. The two should not be compared at all; it’s like comparing an plane ticket to a pair of waterproof boots. Yes, they both generally provide transportation, but that is where the similarity ends.

The Othernet broadcast is a digital delivery of a newspaper. That’s it.

You can see @kenbarbi’s receiver here: http://98.204.166.71/
But the new UI will be further stripped down initially, as the CPU is much less powerful.

1 Like

Wonderful information, When I saw the “guest” username I did not expect it would work

Thanks to @kenbarbi for contacting me and your reply Syed.

Wonderful information, When I saw the “guest” username I did not expect it would work.

Now accessing … and using the system. I see and understand better … thanks to you “individuals” that share DDNS your private servers.

The Othernet broadcast is a digital delivery of a newspaper. That’s it.

Any development plan?, improvements plan.? what is the future for next week, and 5 year, 10 years?

I also asked about the development team, who, how many developers “something happens to you(sad)”. Project Stops??? my life savings $30.00 of money for equipment is lost, Example:JimDixion(allstar)

As my past history of 5 years using MESH, any cross-over, webcams, ip-phone, voip, M17_project integration, Allstarlink, echolink, winlink.org, etc.

thanks,