Outernet in News/Blogs

Wondering if anyone else is promoting Outernet to other potentially interested people or seeing Outernet in the news? I just put out this to my readers. Anyone else?

1 Like

IMO, the main point to hammer home to readers is that Outernet IS NOT Internet, does not take the place of Internet, cannot get email, play games, check Facebook or post a selfie. There seems to be a bit of comprehension problem with some folks. Of, maybe these are just trollers.

1 Like

I wrote an article that appeared the On-line Spectrum Monitor (http://www.thespectrummonitor.com/) in September 2015, and have another article coming in their March 2017 edition.

Still, Outernet needs allot more publicity, and your efforts are a great way to do it. Ken

Awesome, Ken. I had no idea that The Spectrum Monitor was out there. I miss Pop Comm, Monitoring Times, etc- looks like this will fill in nicely for the gap. Glad you pointed it out.

Lee
KI2K

Yes, Lee - - when the Groves retired from publishing The Monitoring Times, their writers/editors/etc created an on line version - - The Spectrum Monitor. It costs about $25 a year, and you get the 100 page monthly document by PDF from their site. Its has a wealth of information about amateur radio, free-to-air satellites, vintage radio restoration, freqs in use, etc. Ken