There is no limit to how much you can earn!
Once the campaign is over, we will apply this credit to your account, giving you a refund on your purchase or credit on the purchase of a new Lantern. We are able to track how many people visit our campaign from your link and whether they contribute. For the Village Lantern or Solar Village Lantern, we will give you credits worth the equivalent number of Lanterns ($60 credit and $100 credit, respectively). Please note that contributors cannot receive referral credit for referring themselves. Of two contributors, only one can be the 'referrer' and receive campaign credit for the other's contribution.
How to participate in the referral program: It’s simple. Log in to your Indiegogo account . Be sure to use the same account you used when you claimed your Lantern. Then, look below our main video at the top of this page for buttons to share and copy your unique URL. Start sharing!
Here's How It Works:
Everytime someone purchases a Lantern using your unique URL, we will give you $10 credit. You must use your unique URL for this to work. There are two ways to find your URL:
First method: Using the links provided in your purchase confirmation email.
1. Log into your Indiegogo account. If you don't have an account, you can sign up for one. Make sure to remember your username and password - you will need it later to log in and track your referrals.
2. Visit our campaign and contribute at any perk level.
3. A confirmation email will appear in your inbox. Scroll down to the bottom of the email.
4. You will see these icons.
These links will share your unique URL via Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Email.
5. Simply click on any of the links and follow the instructions.
Second Method: Logging into your Indiegogo account
1. Log into your Indiegogo account. If you don't have an account, you can sign up for one here.
2. Visit our campaign page.
3. See the video at the top of the page? Look underneath it and you will see the share icons.
4. Click on the link icon to generate your unique URL.
5. Share it via social media and email.
Tracking Your Referrals
1. Log into your Indiegogo account.
2. On the top right corner of the page, you will see your profile name. Click on it.
3. In the dropdown menu, click ‘My Contributions’
4. In the menu bar, click on the ‘Referrals’ tab.
5. You will see the number of people you referred, the number who have purchased and the total dollar amount of their contributions.
6. Once the campaign is over, Indiegogo provides us with detailed information on how many Lanterns were purchased through your referrals and at what perk level.
7. We then either issue you a refund on Lanterns you have purchased, or issue you campaign credit toward the purchase of a new Lantern.
*Please note that contributors cannot receive referral credit for referring themselves.
If someone I refer buys the $1 Collage of Humanity or $30 Global Library Card, will I get a credit?
No. Only referrals who choose a reward that includes a Lantern will earn you credit. This is because our goal is to increase the number of Lanterns we will produce as a result of this campaign. For high value rewards that are one piece of hardware (e.g. Solar Village Lantern) we will credit you based on the equivalent number of Lanterns using their $99 value (i.e. one of your referrals purchasing a Solar Village Lantern would earn you a $100 credit).
How will you fulfill my referral rewards?
Once the campaign is over, Indiegogo will provide us with detailed information on how many Lanterns were purchased through your referrals and at what perk level.
We will then either issue you a refund on Lanterns you have purchased, or issue you campaign credit toward the purchase of a new Lantern.
Here's the link to the campaign: http://igg.me/at/outernet. Thank you for sharing!
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://blog.outernet.is/2014/11/indiegogo-referral-program-refer.html