Powerswitch on CHIP (was: Overload by LNA or RTL?)

I also see the same no autoboot with both my original CHIP & the 2nd one both flashed with skylark

I ran my CHIP up in the Hot Spot mode, and my.outernet.is went right to it. It must be my WiFi not allowing it as @zoltan said. Ken

1 Like

I think the CHIP just runs a nameserver that it advertises in its DHCP reply when you connect to the WiFi.
There is no link to internet at all. In fact, when you open my.outernet.is on internet you get an error message that tries to tell you that you are not connected to your outernet receiver.
When you use the receiver in WiFi client mode this function is not available and you need to lookup
the address. No attempt is made (or can be made) to map my.outernet.is to your receiver in that case.

1 Like

I have The same problem. The only solution is to reload The complete software.

What do you mean? I completely flashed the CHIP yesterday!

When i try to change for example The wifi settings for Belgium and i press the save and reload key i donā€™t find my outernet system anymore I have tried anything and the only solution is to reflash the complete software to my chip bord. This problem donā€™t exist in The old release. Any tip?

BEWARE!!
I found that if I just went and pressed the ā€œreboot & save settingsā€ button in Skylark without changing anything at all it completely borked the wifi and I could no longer connect to my CHIPā€¦,
I had no choice but to re-flash it ā€¦

I think there is a serious problem there @Abhishek may like to comment on that?

1 Like

Hai,
I have the same problem, when i power up the device with the rtl stick in the chip , after a few second everything goes down
without the rtl stick the c.h.i.p. in still keep running

tomorow i gonnan try a power usb hub
i think that this gonna solve the problem

kind regards

which port do you powering chip from, micro usb?

you can give it a try using chg-in port and gnd on the gpio header, applying +5V to chg-in. We found that many times it more stable than micro usb.

also the quality of the micro usb cable is very important, its connector pin has series loss,making lots of troubleā€¦