Reception report from Zhangjiakou City, China

I got my reception today, although the SNR is still not very high. This is really interesting! The following are some screen print pictures.

The files are still not synchronized to my computer. I look forward to have read them earlier.:slight_smile:

Thank you for correction of freq. It really works!

Hi, Syed, I read some reports from the forum. The SNR from Europe or elsewhere is usually above 6dB, which is really better than that from my place. Are there some methods to improve my reception? Or maybe 4 to 5 dB is still ok for reception.

Hi, Ken. Your DishPointer calculation really helps a lot, thank you!

4-5 db SNR is fine. It should be over 3db to receive everything.

My SNR is between 5,5-7db. It can be influenced by almost everything.
In my case, my pc will drop the SNR to ~2-3db when i don’t shield my Receiver.

Also will the weather change your reception strenght.

regards from Germany,

Manuel

Interesting point. I am traveling with my equipment in Sicily and have found the highest SNRs I get here off Alphasat to be 7 dB while at home outside of Washington, DC, on Americas to peak at around 12 dB. Same gear with a clear view of the sky on a cloudless day.

Bottom line is you should receive traffic with an SNR of at least 2 dB. Ken

1 Like

Looked at my Outernet receiver (over VPN) at home some minutes ago.

Here in Germany near Cologne it’s quite cloudy in the moment and my Receiver sit’s indoors at a window.
But i get 8 to 9 db SNR in the moment on Alphasat with the SDRx, CHIP and Patch Antenna.

regards,
Manuel

Outerneter, did you close a link (that is get a lock) yet? I’m looking forward to visiting China next year and plan to bring my gear with me. Ken

Hi Ken, welcome to China! Yes, I closed a link and have reception now ,thank you!