RF product - moRFeus - frequency converter and signal generator

in sig gen mode, it emits one carrier.
in mixer mode, it emits input+LO and input-LO (and LO with suppression).

Is there a way to specify input+LO vs. input-LO, or are these both always output? Just curious. Thanks for the feedback.

always output (it’s a mixer). filtering is up to you.

Thanks!

Hello everybody!

I have just discovered the Othernet project and the moRFeus device.
I am noticing that there is no much recent discussion about it, despite the fact that on paper it seems a very interesting unit!

I’d be happy to hear if current moRFeus users are still happy with their toy.
Also, I’d like to know if there is a plan to offer the moRFeus again on the store of OtherNET for 99usd.

Thanks!

The next production of moRFeus is scheduled for August of this year.

hi, @Syed, great to hear this!

I was also wondering if there is/will be an option to synch the moRFeus with an external time base (e.g., GSP disciplined) to have very high frequency accuracy and low phase noise.

I’ve been thinking of this, but it ends up being a new product, as opposed to a minor update.

@Syed, yed I can imagine…

On the other hand this new product could be even cheaper than the original moRFeus if you remove the internal oscillator/clock entirely and just rely on a precision external clock (bnc connector). Maybe you just need some circuitry to get the external 10Mhz signal to the right levels.

In any case, within the morpheus, the synthetiser chip you use probably has some reference clock input pin, right? Perhaps you can make life easier to hackers by exposing that pin somehow and bypass it?

Keep up the great work!

Any news about the next production of the moRFeus, scheduled for August of this year?

Does someone have a link the the old: https://archive.othernet.is/morfeus_tool_v1.6/morfeus_tool_linux_armv7
Those links don’t work for me.
Mainly looking for the command line tool.
I see armv7 in the title, was there and android version as well?

I’ve shared my copy of the moRFeus tool files here.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1aThdgJuzrAjUjEFHHf2D9me-8iO2PtvU?usp=sharing

The armv7 binary is intended for Raspberry Pi or similar. I don’t think anyone made an Android interface, but there are some sources on github you may be able to work with…

Any news regarding next productions of moRFeus?

It’s in stock at moRFeus | Crowd Supply and several other vendors. Orders trough Crowdsupply actually will be shipped thorugh Mouser (mine was).

@rfnoob We are slowly working on the next version of moRFeus. It’s probably three months before anything is ready to show.

Just got an email from Mouser saying moRFeus was back in stock. Are these the newest version?

There was virtually no change between the current and previous versions. The microUSB connector was changed to USB-C. That’s it.