Skylark 5.5 for Dreamcatcher 3

Yes here is the picture its on the LNB tab on the tuner

The dual-band LNB is not for reception of two channels at the same time. It’s to select between high band and low band of the 10.7 - 12.7 GHz Ku-band. The Maverick is a single band LNB which only covers 500 MHz of the upper Ku-band (11.7 - 12.2 GHz).

so in the future we will be having a new transmission and an new antenna for more bandwidth?

No, the new antenna was added because the Maverick is no longer available. They are no longer produced. This new antenna will not impact the download speeds. It does, however, allow a bit of frequency flexibility outside of the US.

My install says… when I try either 10.0.0.1 or my.othernet.is
my firefox says

No more sessions available

trying… the direct cable… running into the old CDC Composite Gadget
no compatible driver found for this device…

searching the archives… of the forums… I remember this from several versions back.

from this link - https://www.reddit.com/r/ChipCommunity/comments/5hndoj/setting_up_the_chip_under_win10_walkthrough/

Edit 2
I can login… now I’m trying to remember the wifi setup instructions…

edit 3: bailing out of this… going to burn a new sd…

Edit 4: the readme.txt has the led info sort-of for the v 3.02Q

Edit 5: re-installed v 5.4… got it working… updated to v 5.5 — failure

Edit 6: re-downloaded the .qz file … got it finally installed… on my second v3.03 board,
my first v3.03… is now dead.

Edit 7: snr +2, no lock , busy and pck led flash… no data. no audio. tried configuration reset… no good
back to “no more sessions available”
same problem with internet explorer browser…

see next post for an answer

in firefox, when you see “no more sessions available” click the “i within a circle” icon in the firefox address bar:
Screenshot%20from%202019-01-09%2017-09-56

in the dropdown that showed up, do “clear cookies and site data”.

Or, use a fresh browser session. Please let me know here if the problem of “no more sessions” still persists after this.

Are you on windows?

There seems to be a problem when the receiver is in AP mode.

If you have a receiver stuck in AP mode and are unable to use the UI, then either reinstall 5.4 or use 5.5 in Station mode. If you are stuck in AP mode, with no way to configure station mode, switch back to 5.4, configure Station mode, and then update to 5.5.

I am working on a fix.

(You should still be able to use 5.5 in AP mode if your client computer is running Linux, but windows and MacOS do a “captive portal detection”, which broke in 5.5, and thats what eats up all available sessions).

Got mine finally working in v 5.5 with your recommendation on clear cookies and site data.

-One request for a change… since I have use custom satellite (because of my lnb)
the required beam type is 228, but the default for a custom frequency has a
default beam type of 247… this is modifiable… just confusing.

can you give me the details about your LNB?

The default beam type on the custom is 247 for a reason - its the highest link-budget beam for our current bandwidth, meaning its what we’d switch to if reception was difficult.

My lnbf is not a pll. It is dro so the frequency varies slightly. I use it because it fits into the arm of my 18" dish and holds it at the correct location.

If I use the America frequency… I do not get a lock and do not get file or audio downloads. My solution is to change to custom frequency… I am currently at 11.90195 and get a great snr (+4). If the outdoor temperature changes or the sun is on the lnb… I sometimes have adjust it … usually by about 200,000 so maybe up to 11.9021

Now that I am looking tuner status… Since I use custom freq… there is continuous change
or alternate happening between the ‘standard’ freq and my chosen custom freq.

This is causing it every second or so… to shift stream files (with a lock) to a
stream unknown (no lock) at the original default. frequency

And I have no audio

@ac8dg
please reboot. don’t change anything - just reboot. you should not see the “alternate” happening after that.

use the lcdui to reboot. or the power button to shutdown and restart.

there is a tuner-restart bug. whenever you reconfigure the tuner, for now, just do a reboot after reconfiguring.

I had a similar problem with No sessions available and finally was able to overcome the problem (not fix it) with a different method.

I re formatted my micro SD card, and re downloaded the zipped Skylark 5.5 image and unpacked it. I re wrote the cleaned micro SD card.with the Skylark 5.5 image. After successfully going thru the AP connection, I reset my Dreamcatcher to the Client mode, and brought it back up.

Brute force conquers all :rofl: Ken

At this time after you brought up the audio again on Wednesday Jan 9 2144 UTC, the audio is not stable - - very herky jerky. Ken

I like using VLC for audio… (I have no afilliation: Official download of VLC media player, the best Open Source player - VideoLAN )

using network stream http://192.168.xxx.xxx:8090/othernet.mp3

Just curious if there are any recommended settings. my player
has tons of options to set: first one is: Caching… default is 1000ms
then stuff like an equalizer

vlc works fine with default settings - increasing caching is probably not a good idea, it will just extend start and stop times. As far as equalizer settings go, I’d say thats a personal preference, though given the low bitrate of the transmitted audio, you might have best results if you set the equaliser to enhance frequencies below 4-5KHz and attenuate ones above that - thats where most of the audio artifacts will be.

Personally, I found smplayer handles periodic packet loss-related interruptions much better than vlc does on this stream.

Just an update: the beam is now sending out Audio in the new format. For 5.5 users, things should be running as normal, but audio will no longer work on 5.4 or older releases.

As a side effect of this, in the tuner status, the correct packet rate is about 10.3 and the correct bitrate is about 20,200 bps (used to be 20.5 and 17.6k, respectively).

1 Like

The audio sounds good and is seems to be of good quality! The specs you quoted readout appropriately on the Tuner App (Packet Rate 10.37,bitrate 20,217) 1554 UTC 11 DEC 2019. Good job again, Abhishek!

Audio is excellent now! Thanks to all the Othernet staff. Ken

My Port Forwarded Skylark 5.5 is temporarily down for maintenance. Ken