SNR -SDR# good/OuternetInABox bad

@AndresBahamondes What is the SNR when the window is open? And when it is closed?

Well in the Outernet-in-a-Box, the SNR jumps a lot, but there is a difference with the window open vs. closed. (By the way, it is an ordinary glass, no coating or any treatment).

Window open: SNR 3.5 - 4.5 dB
Window closed: SNR 0.5 - 1.5 dB

I don’t know if relevant, but when the window is closed, the beam from the satellite crosses the glass at a angle about 20º (i.e. the satellite is not directly in front of the window)

Hi Guys,

Not sure how you measuring SNR in SDR#, but when I see for example 10dB SNR in SDR# it gives me about 7-8dB SNR in Librarian tuner dashboard, quite consistently.

The way I measure SNR in SDR# is positioning the cursor in USB mode, 8000Hz wide setting over Outernet signal, that the signal is in the center.

SNR reading in SDR#:

SDR# settings:

Zoltan

I have been at a loss as to why my SNR is all over the place using OuternetInABox and look very good in SDR#. I am regularly getting very low and negative SNR with OuternetInABox. I am hoping someone could help me understand something I have noticed before and have usually been able to recreate it on several occasions. I use a desktop that has RealtekHD Audio and also VB Audio Virtual Cable installed because I don’t have Stereo Mix which is required on certain software. On occasions I have noticed an improvement in OuternetInABox SNR if I change the Audio setting in SDR#, usually changing it to VB Audio Virtual Cable. It usually goes from very bad to good, usually between 3-4 db and will stay there unless I stop it and restart it. Then it will go back to very low to negative SNR. When I change the Audio in SDR# I never start it, I just close it and start OuternetInABox. So this is what I am trying to understand. Thanks if you have any ideas.