Time table for Outernet service to South East Asia / Philippines

Yeah, and I don’t even know who is the admin of this page, I already seen this since other people created that page.

Well let’s just wait for that and I hope it will soon be launched here in the Philippines. :grinning:

1 Like

Philippines shoud be covered by AsiaSat 5. If you can get in touch with someone that watches some satellite TV and confirm they are able to receive from AsiaSat 5, then you’re also able to receive Outernet.

We would definitely like to move to a Ku-band service in the Philippines, but we would need more receivers to be sold so that we could justify the additional expense of another beam. In the Philippines, we had originally wanted to place a Lighthouse receiver in every school in the country, but that project unfortunately did not pan out.

What was the issue with putting a much needed Outernet lighthouse Satellite data receiver in every school It would have been such an amazing blessing.

George

I agree that it would have been an amazing project. Unfortunately, we were not able to progress with our local partner. If you know of anyone we should be working with to pursue this, please let me know. For these types of national projects, we can even provide access to financing.

I am new to this discussion and want to learn more about outernet. I am a satellite hobbyist and I frequently scan the horizon for new broadcast in the satellites that I can get here in the Philippines which is about 32 satellites as of now from 64 east to 177 West. I was able to scan this outernet sometime 3rd quarter this year from Koreasat5 113 east ku-band (12612 V 3000). Now there is no signal for outernet as I suspect they only test broadcast only on that time. I was able to read about this outernet from twitter that is why I am here now. I will just want to clarify that Asiasat5 100.5 east C-band here in the Philippines need at least a 5 feet prime focus parabolic dish but ideally we use 6 feet because that is available in the market. I made my own dish that is why I have 5 feet. Hope this can help and I am willing to help others.

1 Like

Fantastic sun1.

Making your own dish sounds great.

Where are you in the Philippines. I am in Cebu and am thinking about trying some DIY Outernet Projects. Particularly the Lantern 10 MB down-link and the Cubesat Down-link when they become available.

I would love to get involved with any one elses Outernet experiments here in the Philippines.

George

I am from Quezon City but I love to meet you when I go there in Cebu next week and get involve in your project.

Greetings,
sun1
[email protected]

No worries. Would love to meet.

George

@sun1 Are you able to see the Outernet radio channel when you do a blind scan with a normal FTA receiver? You can find the transponder settings here: https://wiki.outernet.is/wiki/Coverage_and_transponder_settings#AsiaSat_5

AsiaSat 5
Position 100.5°E
Coverage Middle East, Asia, Australia
Band C
Frequency 3,960 MHz
Symbol Rate 30,000 kbaud
Polarization Horizontal
Delivery DVB-S
Modulation QPSK

Screenshot from Dreambox (DM800se)
shot1

Screenshot from FTA Receiver (skybox)
20151214 074041

This is what I use for Outernet on Asiasat5.

This is outstanding! That is the first I’ve seen Outernet over AsiaSat-5. Do you have a USB tuner and a PC running Linux? If so, you should be able to receive our data feed immediately.

1 Like

7 posts were split to a new topic: Desktop Linux receiver

I am installing ubuntu now and I have TBS5922se USB dvb-s2 tuner. will update soon. . . . .

FYI, Orx86 is not yet updated to the latest version of the client software. We don’t have an ETA on that because deploying the software is not quite trivial with latest changes.

In some areas were LTE and WIMAX signal is interfering with the C-BAND transmission, it’s good to use LNBF with WIMAX/LTE filters.

Also did a Blindscan on K5, no Outernet on any of the transponders. :smile:

Are you from Philippines? If yes, Outernet is available from AsiaSat 5 - C band.