Use of PiFS in Outernet projects

hello dear outernet project managers.

i have recently come across a new filesystem that i think would perfectly meet outernet needs.

the main drawbacks of this system is the amount of time it takes to save the files in pi, but since the outernet project does some process with the uploaded files all the heavy work would be in your servers, and people in countries with bad access to new memory would have an ideal way to keep access to many many many files just in one HD. also the way this filesystems works would heavily reduce the amount of data travelling from the satellite.

hope you take a look and think its as usefull as i think it would be.

anyway i would like to thank you for this project and im eager to get my hands on one of your lanterns as soon as they are ready.

thanks in advance for all your work and hope to see ti fullfiled soon (with pifs better!!! XDD)

I don’t think PiFS is suitable for web services ans there could be many many write operations going on in parallel. For instance, imagine uploading 5 files in a row and waiting for response. At best, it would need a custom server with SSD disks with conventional filesystems as buffer.

im not engineer just an enthusiast, and i agree with you that pifs is not suitable for web services, but as far as i understand outernet is not a usual web service but one that just works in one direction,that means that they need no answer thats why there is only one time when the archive is saved then its broadcasted from satellite.

anyway, thanks for the answer