I didn’t really expect to be able to split the output from the patch antenna/LNA to two RTL-SDR’s so that I could try my hand at monitoring ACARS activity from the satellite on my laptop using JAERO. I had been occasionally moving the antenna/LNA setup back and forth between the two dongles, but that was becoming a nuisance.
However to my surprise, the splitter has not resulted in a significant loss of signal - the Outernet signal is maintaining a SNR of between 5.5 - 6.5 dB. The RSSI has dropped a few points to a level of around -120 but Packet Failure is zero and Signal State is a constant 4.
The RTL-SDR.com v3 dongle continues to power the LNA and I added a DC block to the coax that feeds the second dongle as a safety measure.
The splitter is a good quality BAMF, 5-2300 MHz, 2-way, power passing one I bought on Amazon.