Volunteering for Outernet

I have many temptations to collaborate with this project with my group to which I belong, because we believe that projects like this are extremely necessary for the liberation of human beings, we could collaborate in web development, translation and mass distribution, but before committing must solve some doubts.

To what extent the project is decentralized?

Why use social networks corporations like facebook, twitter and g+ and not free networks like Diaspora *, Pumpio or gnu social ? This gives a great appearance of inconsistency.

Does the project is run by a company, a foundation, an association?

Everything the project is so poorly designed or not designed as the website?

More here: https://discuss.outernet.is/t/things-that-i-find-incomprehensible-in-a-project-like-this/160

Sorry about my English

This is very interesting. How would you compare this to ION?

We will gladly take you up on your offer. Thanks!

The most notable difference is reliable IP Multicast. Although by default, NORM uses NACK-based feedback for ARQ-reliablity, it uses packet erasure coding for very efficient group repair and that can also be applied on unidirectional connectivity by dialing up the erasure coding to be proactively transmitted. The prior Multicast Dissemination Protocol (MDP) was used by the US Postal Service to reliably multicast data and software updates to 16,000 to 25,000 ground stations in a single IP multicast group over 100 kbps VSAT. As mentioned, we have used it for other space and terrestrial wireless networks as well. We have some exploratory work in collaboration with MITRE on extensions to the DTN reference implementation for multicast group comms as well.

I want to help, whether it’s spreading the word or doing testing from my Florida location. I am currently working in the gaming industry working with C#, but I have a background in relational databases, SQL, and reporting. I also do graphic design if you are in need.

Good luck!

Great. I certainly hope to hear from you…

Hi

This project is really exciting !!
I have worked on a 3U cubesat (which was launched in Sept 2012) as a firmware and communications engineer. I have experience developing and testing firmware for flight-systems (specifically cubesats…) and was closely involved in the end-to-end integration tests.

Let me know where I can help and would be more than glad to chip in…

1 Like

In vain have you acquired knowledge if you have not imparted it to others.

Sharing of information and knowledge for free is enough reason for me to help in anyway that I can.

I have experience with middleware applications and Unix like operating systems. If any of these experience can be used to help the open source world I am here. I can also help with testing the system.

Programming languages like C and C++ is also known to me.

Regards
Debal

Hi
i am from Bangladesh. I am an Electrical Engineer and i am also working on Cube Satellite System design with communication and design process. As because fully related with my research topic and if i get proper scope to spread and share my knowledge with others then everybody will make a new challenge and solve the problems of Outernet, that’s because i want to be volunteer.

3 Likes

Hello,

This project is an amazing thing. The best thing about this is the spread of knowledge. Nothing will help humanity more than that. This project offers a chance for every one, every where to learn and be able to fact check. Its incredible what happens to a society where 1 person is no longer the only source of knowledge and wisdom. I tip my hat to you for this project.

So I am not going to lie, I am no where near as awesome as everyone else in this thread. I am a lowly IT Security guy. I think the way I can help the most is by doing basic Networking and Security tasks. Such as Incident Response, Log Review, development of metrics, monitoring systems etc…
So if you need some one to help with your Infrastructure or a golf caddy please let me know and I will do what I can to help.

Respectfully ~
Funklebits

2 Likes

Really happy to see this kind of project exist…I was wondering if something like this could ever happen, and now it is.

I think the internet is amazing in keeping the powerful honest and the public informed! Not to mention opportunities for education and business and general.

I’d like to contribute any way I can. Professionally I’m a marketer, working on sales strategy and copywriting, but I’d be happy just sweeping the floors for a project like this! Also basic code monkey skills and some web dev.

Regards,

BMJH

Hi everybody I’m from Italy, I’m a technical informatics I have experience in android app and windows app, my knowledge on programming languages ​​are, C#, Java. I also have experience of Arduino. I hope my experience can be of help.

Regards
Luca

Hello,

First of all, amazing project! Congratulations Outernet team!
I am a student of Mechanical Engineering 2nd year,part time system& network administrator in our college handle Wi-Fi distribution in college,and also interested in networking,satellite technology,computing,web development,start-up entrepreneur,Volunteering to distribute knowledge on science and technology ,in this manner serving my local people .I want to be part of outernet in india
our places are not having good cellular network,thus there is no internet is available,i have project that needs internet i think my project gets help from outenet team
i want to mobilize lots of students to work on prototypes of satellite
want to see this project to completed soon than expected time

Final year Electrical and Computers Engineering School, department of Telecommunications and Space technology, Microwave systems laboratory. Greece.

-QB50 project regarding Cubesats design experience
-AGI’s satellite toolkit expert
-RF circuits
-Link Budgets
-Radar systems of all kind
-Big data, i.e. Hadoop, HBase and MapReduce programming
-Python, MATLAB, C++
-Microwave design
-Software Defined Radio
-Sat comm

and more.

Hello Team,

I would like to appreciate your efforts as your mission is nobel. This is really a giant leap for human being.

I am from Indian IT industry and would like to volunteer for any software or testing related stuff.

Hello, I am a high school student, sophomore at time of writing, interested in internet and communication technology. I think this project could work and has the ability to help people everywhere. I don’t have experience in satellites, but I could help by testing ping times, or connectivity on the east coast (Va.).

I will really like to express my interest to volunteer just anytime my assistance will be needed. I am a graduate of computer engineering with masters in information management. I currently work as a voice project engineer with specialization in public and private telecommunication switches (Cisco, Avaya, aastra …). I have managed various telecommunication projects and I will be happy to render my assistance in just any direction especially the ones that gears towards Africa because I am from the remote part of Africa fortunate to be living in United States.

Hi, I am a communication engineer with satellite technician certification, I currently live in Bolivia but will be spending 6 months in California, will be more than happy to help with this project, specially anything related to bringing communication in Bolivia as my country has one of the most expensive internets in the world and only 12% of the population have access to it.
Hope to hear from u soon.

Hi, I am a teacher and systems architect. This project has great potential to reach people who do not yet have access to information and resources for learning. I’m particularly interested in the educational and human development possibilities of this project.

I am Sugandh Malhotra, from India. In the beginning, allow me to congratulate you for having a bold and big vision to change the way technology works today. My best wishes for the same.

As a brief introduction about myself, I did my Post Graduation in Industrial Design from Indian Institute of technology, Delhi, which is an ace institute in India in Engineering and technology education. After working for a decade for MNCs, I started on my own and have a small set up in which we offer User Interface Design solutions. I have worked with SETI labs in the past for doing some interface related work and also have a proud association with packaging and Industrial design of India’s first self developed autonomous humanoid robot (scope of my work included exterior body design and its interaction bit), over 20 of my projects have seen the light of the day in the past 12 years.

I think I can work and contribute on this project on User Interface design and the Product design/ Industrial design of the device. I can also contribute well on the outside packaging design, look & feel, appeal and usability.