Well Didn't we All See the Death of the Chip Coming?

i think this article explains it and how many others foresaw this happening?

There’s loads of them. Eg. Pine64? It runs Debian, costs less than a Pi and faster.
The Pi 3B+ … they can’t stock enough of them here in Seattle.

–Konrad, WA4OSH

I know right the options that replaced it are endless and I think that was half of the reasons why they went under.

1 Like

The pine94 aluminum enclosure caught my attention. They also market a waterproof rg45
connector that would be useful with your POE for the Dreamcatcher system. Very interesting.

I used a cable strain relief like this one. I got it at Home Depot for a couple of bucks.
Capture

–Konrad, WA4OSH

the only thing i fear with the pine is the company and armbian has reported some fun with it :confused: mostly the legacy kernel and its a ubuntu only on the armbian site but to find out there is a new rockpine64 pro inbound

you should be worried, I first had a pine64, that got obsoleted, then a pine64+, that’s no long in production, now it is the pine64-lts … yeah right supposedly good til 2022

1 Like

you saw what i saw then @ac8dg with it and why i refunded my order before it got shipped something was fishy when even armbian forms were being weard with it.

1 Like