When are we going to receive our Lanterns?

No reason to be sorry; please send an email to [email protected] and include the email address associated with both your Indiegogo profile and your Paypal account.

Calling it a failure is inaccurate, as we have not given up/closed shop/stopped developing/etc. For the 6000 or so backers that will receive their Lanterns, the product will deliver about 50-times the utility as we originally described. Of course, it’s taken years to get there, but there is definitely still progress being made.

1 Like

Syed, how about this post:
<< Greenman

Jul 8

I received this email from Syed two weeks ago.

-Greenman

Syed Karim|Tue, Jun 25, 2019, 4:09 PM (13 days ago)

We’ll start production after we confirm the new circuit board. It usually takes about 4 weeks to acquire all of the parts. I have been so wildly off with targets that I don’t like to say, but I would assume we could start shipping by the end of the summer.

This version of Lantern is just not that great. It’s been really frustrating because after all of this time, we still haven’t made a really great product–though everything does work better than we described long ago. >>

We are now on October 5th, 2019; any followup ?

Still waiting on the enclosure’s mold. I’ll get an update from the supplier next week.

Hi just saw this update from October

Still hanging in there, as the need has not gone away

@syed anything further?

We are still fighting the good fight! We try to do things as economically as possible, but sometimes that does backfire. The supplier that was supposed to cut the tooling and produce the dome enclosure for us said–after four months of back and forth–that they could not build the part. We are working with another supplier now for a custom dry box (Otterbox/Pelican case). I have the 3D print of the current version which I’ll post later today.

Hi @Syed
Any further news on this? Is there a better place to track progress e.g. a single pinned thread on the forum that is updated by the team on a regular basis? European coverage is looking promising now so still excited to try out the system.
Cheers
Andy

Getting closer! Everything has stopped in China, so we first need to wait for that. Then we start production of your enclosure and begin assembly.

1 Like

We would all be very interested in your thoughts, Syed, on use of high frequency (HF) bands in the future. Ken

Wow syed that sounds very promising

Is it purely production now or a multitude of issues still to resolve?

No more issues to resolve. Just production now.

Could we expect a new product offering on the Othernet Store page soon ?
A fully enclosed assembly ???

Yeah, as soon as China is back up to normal status we can continue the work on the enclosure. This is the drybox enclosure that was previously shown.

1 Like

Hi Syed

Where is the dry box enclosure?

Probably wont happen until the human malware situation is resolved.

1 Like

Hi Syed

Were you intending to post images of the dry box enclosure?

And allowing for China production etc, any update you can give?