WiFi Network Outernet cannot be joined

My pleasure Wolfgang :slight_smile:
My experience shows that it will say connected now unless you disconnect of the CHIP is restarted :slight_smile:

I reciev d my new outernet system with the new style of sdr and amp in one board on friday. Yesterday got it hooked up and initally the unit worked fine but when i tried to secure the wifi i could not get it to connect to anything. I was able ti use a usb connection that my computer saw as a hard wire connection to get back into the program.
Is it the chipand the security or the wifi im lost asto why
it wont connect up to the wifi hotspot, the hotspot can be seen just not connected to.

Best solution I’ve found is to use the cheap repeater and let it do all the work. The CHIP WiFi is simply not good. I would add that I have mine set up as it is meant, as a “community” resource. The repeater is in a 3rd floor loft. It’s open to all who can see the repeater’s SSID. Don’t have a connection log started yet, but would be interesting to know if anyone has ever connected to it besides me.

How can i use another wifi device when i cant connect with outernet wifi?

I thought the same. Interestingly, the repeater connects to the CHIP just fine from about 25 feet away, while my laptop will not. Using a TP-Link repeater.

Has anyone successfully connected to their home router to make the chip accessible from their LAN?

Did it two days ago and it has been working great.

Yep, Netgear 7000 series sits about 30 ft away from the Chip/SDR and I have a great signal.

-C

Same experience here: I had my CHIP in the junkbox for six weeks thinking its unusable. Then after reading all posts in the forum, I connected from directly nearby the CHIP and changed to Client mode. This was all done indoors with LNA and Antenna connected and obviously without reception.
CHIP is now outdoors at a garden-shed about 30ft away from an old German-brand Fritz!-router, which works as WiFi-extension to the main router. And yes, its accesible from the LAN
Wolfgang