Skylark 5.2 for Dreamcatcher 3

no. nothing. i am still unable to replicate the problem at my end. I am going to try changing the unblanking method - just for the sake of it. lets see.

Would it. Be possible to also add a temp readout of the CPU some where so we can start to watch out for overheating in the warm weather?

Can you describe the menu items –

Reset Configuration (reboot)
Factory reset (reboot)

clear all configuration - removes any password changes, AP password change, beam selections - everything. basically wipes the config partition. keeps downloads though.

wipes both the config and the storage partition. all the old downloads get wiped.

About every three hours I am seeing a kernel message on spi32764, don’t know if that is video memory transfer?

My tft does go to sleep per normal, it always comes back at a touch.

no, thats the radio. SPI communications with the chip periodically error out.

Sorry, I missed this thread earlier. I am experiencing the same, and have to re-boot in order for the screen to come back on. I tried to revive it and waited 30 seconds and one minute, but did not get a response from the screen. This is my 3.02Q unit with 5.2, it has been up for five days since last reboot.

I would check your power supply. I had a very odd thing happen to me yesterday when I was reaming my dish. The LCD was on but anytime I touched the LCD it would shut off. On a whim, I swapped my power supply to a 12v emergency power box that I had built and the DC worked fine.

ammo box pwr

1 Like

My DC is working fine, the display is locked off and does not want to restart on touch or swipe with finger. Power is sufficient. If I were to change power, it would reboot and would work fine for the first hour or so, but not come back next time I need to use the screen…

Could a menu item be added to rotate / flip the display orientation. I have been building my case using the

http://www.hammondmfg.com/dwg6pslp.htm

The current display orientation puts the reset switch, power cable, usb along the bottom / front edge. I would rather have all the cables/stuff out the “top/back” of the case.

Edit: maybe it’s better to use a gpio extension cable plus a double male header?

What did I miss?

-liam

1 Like

some very nice party tracks :wink:

1 Like

Might want to try listening to the audio output on DC3.02/DC3.03 sometime today :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just noticed that in the tuner it was switching between file and audio.

1 Like

I had to restart it to get the audio to come over. This is AWESOME!!! Talking about radar. WOOT WOOT!

1 Like

My SNR is 1.5 - 2 and it is coming in kind of choppy, started out very good though. it is repeating itself every so often.

We have a thread discussing the new audio service over here.

Well, there is only one post. But you know what I mean.

1 Like

At the bottom of the Tuner status, info regarding audio frames has been added.

1 Like

Updates via downloads ? Is it possible to include the Skylark software (approx 315 mb image) in the downloads. Particularly for future updates. Then I wouldn’t have to go out on the internet to get the latest image.

I guess simple instructions would be needed on how to use this image to burn the OS. But with two sd card slots maybe some automated method could update the rxos.

I also noticed that the display has a sd slot (I found it while hooking up a 40 pin gpio extension cable). Maybe it could be used?

1 Like

Actually, I implemented a pretty neat auto-OTA system in Skylark last year. I even ran a test, though it did not go well - partly due to a bug, and partly due to a freak failure of the transmit backend right in the middle of the OTA broadcast.

I should probably give it another go. Its designed for very low bandwidth (for example the update from 5.1 to 5.2 would have been about 300KB over-the-air). And its fully automatic - no user intervention required. At the end of the update, the device simply reboots into the new version.

2 Likes