Disappointed that Outernet offers no two-way communication/services

Has not the slightest pertinence if Outernet does not provide email, messaging, or any other two-way or live services, nor does it allow access to arbitrary websites. I buy a Lighthouse and so; I’m very disappointed.

Outernet: What Outernet Broadcasts And Why

I’m not quite sure what you were expecting. To me it was pretty clear that this is a one-way system. Data broadcasting, if you will. Outernet is a dynamic library of content. It is quite like a magazine subscription - content is selected and distributed (in this case via satellite instead of the post) - you receive it and may then read (or not) and save (or discard) as you choose.

The big difference between Outernet and a magazine or traditional library (aside from the delivery method) is in the editorial/curation process and that anyone may request/recommend content, or even submit their own, for inclusion in the broadcast.

If you were expecting something different, and especially two-way technology, then perhaps you did not do suficcient research before making your purchase.

We are sorry if it is not what you expected, but the description of Lighthouse stated its usage very clearly: “Outernet does not provide Internet access. Lighthouse does NOT provide email, messaging, or any other two-way or live services, nor does it allow access to arbitrary websites.” Our users find the broadcasted Library of content to be very valuable.

I would imagine, once the Outernet library gets going, people could, at the very least, upload static versions of their websites.