Help! I bought a Raspberry Pi 2b for this project!
In the git repository there is a rpi2 folder, so I assume it can be compiled,
but every way I try to compile it…
It works, sort of…
I have a Raspberry Pi 2b
An Outernet official Geniatech receiver
2 SD cards, one is 16GB, the other is 1GB
A wifi dongle
An Ethernet connection as well as wifi
And, power cord or two
When it was done compiling, I wrote it to an SD card.
I popped it into the Pi2b, and…
A colourful screen pops up, along with 2 red dots in the top right of the screen.
The 2 red dots are like a superscript, but after like a millisecond, they go away.
And all I get is a coloured screen. I waited for 30 minutes the first time.
Then I deleted everything that I compiled and unzipped it again.
I have tried:
- make B=rpi2; make image
- make B=rpi2; make B=rpi2 image
- make; make B=rpi2 image
- make menuconfig #then above
- I copied and renamed BOTH .kernel_defconfig and .orx_defconfig, seperately
- I used 2 different SD cards
- I had everything unplugged except power and HDMI
- and finally, I used Raspbian and orx-install (which worked, but is slower, less convenient, and isn’t updated anymore)
Now for the questions that everyone wants answers for…
How do you compile Outernet Receiver X for the Raspberry pi2b and what am I doing wrong?
If it’s not possible, then when will it be?
P.S. I understand that the Pi2(b) is as of yet unsupported, but think of how much faster it is and how you could run librarian in the background with an operating system or a kiosk chromium in the foreground along with the Raspberry Pi touch-screen/display!