Max sd six for storage port

What is the max size it supports? I can’t find that info anywhere.

Go to page 21 in the User’s Guide for DC 3.05 at iPage and you should see this answer. Ken

Section V - Additional Storage Step 1. A micro SD data card of any size can act as additional storage.Make sure to use a fast high quality micro SD card formatted FAT32.Plug it into the Dreamcatcher Board’s SD2_DATA which is the SD card holder on the bottom right of the Dreamcatcher Board.You should not plug and unplug the micro SD card while the Dreamcatcher is writing to the micro SD card as it may cause a writing error. LED 11 blinks fast green when the micro SD card is being written to.In Skylark, you cannot upload files
from your computer to the additional storage device --you must remove the micro SD card and copy the file with your computer.If you use a micro SD card larger than 32 GB, make sure it is FAT32formatted --64 and 128 GB micro SD cards come exFAT formatted which will not work.Micro SD cards up to 64 GB have been tested and work fine.Step 2. It has been randomly observed that–no boot occurs if a micro SD card is installed in the data slot. Some boards work and others don’t. If this occurs in your setup, (with the power on) temporarily remove the second micro SD card in the data slot while Skylark boots, then push it back in.Step 3.Additional storage can also be provided by installing a FAT32 formatted USB Flash Drive or hard drive plugged into a passive hub(Fig. 30)along with the EDUP WiFi Dongle (Fig. 1). Botha micro SD card and an external storage device can be used simultaneously under Skylark.Again, make sure the USB Flash Drive and hard drive areFAT32 formatted.I suggest you use Rufus 2.17 to FAT32 format large micro SD cards and USB Flash Drives available at https://rufus.ie/For FAT32 formatting of hard drives, I suggest you use AOMEI Partition Assistant available at https://www.disk-partition.com/download-home.htmlFig. 30I-tec Passive Hub By adding additional storage, the Dreamcatcher’s Skylark program will be able to periodically copy downloaded files to one of the storage devices each time you remove/reinsert the external storage device or reboot your Dreamcatcher.This function preserves files so you won’t lose them when you re format the SD_OS card, or update Skylark to a newer version.Keep in mind you will be storing approximately 2 GB of data per month, so a large micro SD card or flash drive is desirable.(The micro SD card used with the Skylark operating system automatically gets cleaned of old files hourly, so it never fills up.The files cleaned are erased and not saved. That is why I recommend only a 16 GB micro SD card for the Skylark program.)Step 4.Access to files on additional storage devices is done by going to the File Manager App(Fig. 31) on the Applications Screen.Fig. 31 Accessing Files on Additional Storage Access the External_sd card folder(Fig. 32 and go to the file you want to run in Skylark.Several Forum Members run the Rachel Data Base, videos, music, and pictures. When you select a file to access, choose Skylark’s Reader program (Fig. 33)to view it as Rachel is shown in Fig. 34. You can alternately select the file,and Download it to your computer(Fig. 35) to view it.

1 Like

Currently running a 24/7 file server off a 64GB AOMEI Partition Assistant FAT32 formatted secondary memory card.
Works robust and reliable for a read only file server.

Found out how my Amazon 4K Fire stick maintains it’s log in status for days, It shows up on my router as a mesh client with Valid Lifetime and Perferred Lifetime set to forever.