No Signal- Tearing my hair out- (Solved- Incompatible LNB)

Well so far so good. I got the LNA from Syed but unfortunately it doesn’t seem to function with the receiver and just kills the signal. But…

The portable dish with the Lighthouse on Galaxy 19 in SW Ontario is still working great! I don’t get the highest quality but it works just fine. Files are downloaded at 90K without issue. Working on a full YT video review now which should be posted Friday.

Loving this project!
Cheers
Eric

1 Like

Looking forward to it!

1 Like

You are correct. LNA kills the signal. See my thread about LNA testing with ORxPi

https://discuss.outernet.is/t/testing-lighthouse-orx-with-lna/1716/7

Forgot to mention in the video that I still don’t have the LNB in the perfect position. I’ll need to 3D print a new mount when I get some time to draw one up in CAD but for now- it works just fine. Pretty sure I can get the signal better once I do a new mount.

All systems go :smile:

Cheers

3 Likes

This was an outstanding video. I’m still kind of shocked that you got the 60cm dish working, but hat tip to you for your perseverance. I think we may start carrying that folding dish. The only downside to doing so is that there will likely be many parts of the country (and world) where it does not work, so I don’t know how to handle return requests in those cases. But that’s are problem to deal with.

Again, exceptional job. I’m going to tab this to the top of the forum.

No worries. I figured I should be able to get it to work- and the LNB still needs moved closer to the dish by a significant amount I think.

As for carrying it, yeah it will definitely need to be noted about the LNB retrofit and the fact it is not guaranteed to work everywhere but as others experiment you may get some better numbers to make some “educated guesses” on signal strength.

Glad you liked the video. Sent you a mail to the inbox as well. Looking forward to using this setup in a bunch more videos in the upcoming months.

Cheers