Othernet Content Download via Internet?

Hi all,

I’ve been watching the project with interest since the original indiegogo campaign, and was hopeful of an Australian beam when the change was made to the current Ku band satellite footprints. And I have tried searching, but I can’t seem to find an up to date answer.

If at all possible, I’d still like to play with the software side, even without the sat side, so I was wondering if there was an updated and current version of the content online somewhere that I could manually download and use?

I would also make use of the data as I do occasionally go out of internet coverage, and having a device serve cached data, even if it’s hours old it’s still useful to me; and I can take advantage of opportunistic internet access.

1 Like

Hello Brisbane - - the Wiki above contains a good bit of information you may find helpful. As to seeing content, you are welcome to log into my terminal (a Dreamcatcher v3.05 running Skylark 5.8) which I have port forwarded to http://98.204.166.71/, but you will need an active Internet connection for that.
Ken in Annapolis, Maryland, USA

1 Like

Thanks for the link to your Dreamcatcher, I’ve had a good look around; but as you mention, I’d need an internet connection to utilise it. I’m looking to make use of Othernet for it’s designed purpose and access stuff while offline / off-grid. Even with everything going on in 2020 I was out of coverage several times, There are a lot of gaps in coverage in Australia.

It looks like once upon a time you could download the content from the archive, this is what I was looking at.

Kenbarbi as I am new to the subject I would be interested to review the content ??? please PM me.

Othernet Content Download via Internet?