Trying to suggest content?

I tried to suggest, but the page seemed to fail every time. I thought maybe the US Army Field Survival Guide would be perfect. It is something a person might need anywhere for survival and is public domain:

Seems perfect? How do I get it up there?

I’m not sure I understand the distribution restrictions on the first page. Can someone help me decipher this:

Distribution authorized to U.S. Government agencies and their
contractors only to protect technical or operational information from
automatic dissemination under the International Exchange Program or by
other means.

Who can distribute this under what conditions again?

Wish I knew Lawyer-ese :frowning: Was going off of this post: United States Army Field Manuals - Wikipedia

I will try to find more distinct language around this specific one. It looks like a great resource for helping people.

This is what confuses me… many places list it as public domain but then it has the legal disclaimer…

Like this.

As far as I know, anything produced by US government agencies is considered public domain. But… I think military is an exception for fairly obvious reasons. From what I gathered, distributing that document across borders is subject to major lawsuit hell.

And I think it’s worth mentioning this in general: if you don’t own the content, the best thing you can do is to talk to the publisher and have them talk to us if they are interested in distributing content. That way we can secure a license terms that may not apply otherwise.

Like you, I thought, why not use Lantern to access a survival guide in the field. And if you don’t already have a survival guide on your device, the Lantern could come in handy. But if you already have the device, why not just purchase a survival app, or videos and pre-load your device with them before you go out into the field? Of course, you can’t load everything on your device so the Lantern could still come in handy in a survival situation but this is largely a solution looking for a problem.