I managed to boot a less common Linux distribution (Slackware Linux’ ARM port) on my Dreamcatcher 3.05 board.
I tried to look for instructions on how to use the RF part of the board, and I know they have been available for Armbian at some point, but those links are long dead by now (https://docs.outernet.is/Armbian%20Operating%20System%20Images.html).
This is what I was able to uncover so far:
- the tuner and lnb reside under address 0x60 on the first (number 0) i2c bus
- the RF part is supposed to be R820T2-based
- in the skylark image I could find no trace of loading any driver for i2c address 0x60
- those devices seem to be manipulated by scripts using i2cget and i2cset commands
- I could see no trace of any of the rtl-sdr drivers being loaded
- I could see no RTL-SDR device on the USB bus
- the devices residing under i2c-0 0x60 were not listed in the dtc and dtb files either, necessitating manual loading of any drivers.
So I tried to use the rather vague instructions found here, and I managed to get the rtl-sdr drivers installed, but I’m stuck at that point.
What were the necessary steps to using the radio on Armbian?
How can I load the necessary drivers into the kernel? Which exact driver should I use?