2.5 release candiate images for Lighthouse and ORx

After I upgraded Lighthouse to 2.5rc4 and looked at the Library, I had all my pages. I then preceded to look at the Dashboard, and discovered in the Aps log that files were being systematically deleted. I did as you suggested to disconnect the hard drive with the Lighthouse running, and plug it back in again - - no change. I powered down and back up, and had the same results.

I then went back to the Library, and all the pages I originally shown were gone, and I had:

I checked in the Files section - - the News Sub folder where all the informatio used to be:

and all the folders were now empty like this one from Alliance Earth:

Also, the content of my hard drive had demished by over 100 MB (from 2.13 GB to 2.03 GB) to look like this:

My aps log shows all content now removed, and my system is now downloading new files from Galaxy 19 although the Sys Log shows no new activity. I’ll wait a few hours and check back to see what happens to the new matterial. Ken

Files are not physically removed. They are just unindexed.

By the way, I looked at my hard drive after connecting it to my computer and found both the bundles and the News folders now empty.

Still have content in the Weekly folders. Ken

Also, give it a while until it reindexes all files. The reason they are removed (from the index) is because external storage is now under different path, so the entries for the old path are cleared. It’ll be a while until they are reindexed.

If they don’t reappear after, say, 10 minutes or so, try disconnecting and reconnecting the drive on a working receiver (do not power down).

See note above, there are no files left on my hard drive to be re indexed. Ken

As far as I know, there is no code that would physically remove stuff from any folder other than bundles, and bundles are only removed when they are unpacked.

Ken,
Can you please send us the App logs?

I’m sending it to Branko now. I’ll look under the table for the missing files :weary: Ken

Hello WORLD - - is any one receiving anything on Lighthouse Version 2.5rc4? Am I the only one having problems? Ken

You are not receiving anything?

Pi2:

Lighthouse:

Yes I am receiving files, but none of it is appearing in the Librarian.

My Apps Log shows nothing happening either

I see the Lighthouse 2.5 package coming down from Galaxy 19, so will wait with baited breath to see what happens. Ken

I have restored my Lighthouse to version 2.5 without a hard drive connected. I am reformating my hard drive to NTFS, and will connect it later.

At this time, Galaxy 19 is downloading Tweets and Files. The first PLOS file has shown up in the Library (so that’s good news). Can’t explain the previous problems, but it’s time to move on. Ken