Bandwidth Reduction from 800 kHz to 200 kHz

@maxboysdad I think the no-lock issue you are having is related to the frequency offset.

I think that is correct. You may remember I had that problem with this particular Dreamcatcher. My other 3.05 was spot on frequency, but this one is off a little. So are we currently using 36? I haven’t worked on the offset yet, I have a few minutes to do that, then I have a meeting at 7, so will see how far I get. I’ll try to post back to you before my meeting.

No signal again, so I can’t determine what to do until it comes back up. Will check back in a couple of hours.

@i.simple What type of LNB are you using?

This is going to be really annoying at first, but once the frequency is dialed in, everything will be the same. The LNB is slightly shifting the frequency, so it will require some manual tuning to compensate for the offset.

Just another input. I split the LNB signal and fed it to my HackRF. Signal on SDR# and SDR console shows right on freq with 200 khz bandwidth, steady signal, no interference. I also can’t get a lock on even though I have a steady signal. SDR console show a 10-11 SNR. Hope this helps. Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

@Mr_B Now this is a stumper. You clearly have a clean carrier. No offset required.

Just to confirm, your beam type is now 36?
After you changed the beam type, did you changed the first tab to Custom?
What is your received power on the HackRF?

Freq 12089.4
Region Custom
Beam 36
dBm -87 -88
dBuV 19-20
S units 6.7

Would you mind hitting update in the tuner menu again and then rebooting?

By hitting Update, do you mean the Apply button on the bottom left of the screen? I don’t see an Update. And do you want the board rebooted of just the Skylark closed and opened again?

Yes, sorry. I meant Apply. Please hit Apply and then reboot the whole board. I know there is some bug with the tuner-app and updating settings.

You can go to the Network menu and reboot from there.

Hit Apply. Rebooted from Network page. Closed and reopened Skylark. No change. Status page still blank with circled X blinking away.

Could you post Diagnostics on Log Viewer?

I still have no signal. I have tried above and below. My unit was working OK when we started, but it is as if there is no sat right now. Diagnostics all indicate normal. LNB is a Maverick.

I’m running Othernet on my tablet and typing this on my laptop. I’m not sure how the transfer a print screen from one to the other. I can tell you that all 9 of the status blocks have an “OK” next to them. Are you looking for any other specific info from the diagnosis page?

That’s what I was looking for. Thanks for checking. Nothing seems wrong there.

I know that @Mr_B is seeing the carrier right at the center frequency of 12.0894 GHz, but frequency drift is still the only thing I can think of. The SX1281 fails to demodulate when there is more than 25% of offset. That is according to the datasheet.

This means that the offset of the carrier can only be as high–at maximum–of 50 kHz. Experimentally, when reduce the frequency by 50 kHz (12.08935) I can do not receive packets. I gradually increase the frequency by 10-kHz increments and start receiving at 10 kHz away from nominal: 12.08939 GHz.

This is going to be target practice for most everyone.

You can see that I manually zeroed out my offset here at a frequency of: 12.089423540

Going to sleep now, but I’ll be checking first thing in the morning.

Just a simple question then it’s bedtime for me. It looks like a good, steady signal is getting to the board but the board is not decoding it. Is the same software being used for encoding to the uplink as before or is a new program running with the same protocols set in? Is offset frequencies applied to the LNB or is it configured on the board as part of the input? Has anyone got a good decoded receive signal yet? I’ll play with my offset tomorrow. Good night.