Can't get Flasher to work

Hello!!

well it seems my CHIP died, I was trying to run the flasherxxx.ova and have been getting this error:

Failed to import appliance D:/Downloads/skylark-chip-flash-v4.2-1701041326+f85f1c1.vmflasher.ova.

Could not get the storage format of the medium ‘C:\Users\WilliamJ\VirtualBox VMs\Outernet Flasher\OuternetFlasher-disk1.iso’ (VERR_SHARING_VIOLATION).

Result Code: VBOX_E_IPRT_ERROR (0x80BB0005)
Component: MediumWrap
Interface: IMedium {4afe423b-43e0-e9d0-82e8-ceb307940dda}

I’m not too sure what to do now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bill

Are you running virtualbox as administrator? You can also try moving your ova file to your desktop. That would eliminate a rights issue, as the ova is on a different disk. The ova may also be corrupted.

Make sure that you add the add on package in installed. The USB stuff,

I had a similar problem recently, and fixed it by uninstalling Oracles Virtual Box then redownloading the lastest Oracle VB and the latest extension pack. Then restarting the ova file.

It seemed like the Virtual box software either did not reload the same ova title, or the Extension pack was the wrong version. Now my Virtual Box and extension pack is version 5.0.32. Hope this helps - - it was a real pain for me thou. Ken

It (VBox) finally wanted to upgrade so I let it. I am able to run the VM but I am having USB_BULK_SEND errors. Maybe I need to add whatever user to the dialout group?

Hi again - - did you add the Extension Pack? Ken

I guess, Everything has been updated to 5.0.32(?). Do you mean actually add it to the VM itself??

I did manage to flash it by extracting the .iso and burning it to a USB stick and booting off of it. This way I had a “true” linux machine.