Dreamcatcher v3.02: Feedback Thread

@syed maby your goof is a blessing in disguise :slight_smile: i can find the satlight now just have to figure out a new mount… for the attenna

Glad to see that @tylerhoot is up and running. I need to figure out what might be the problem with @ac8dg…What is LED5 doing? It should be really dim.

led5 - busy - start bright for about the first 2 or 3 minutes then is a real dim – maybe slight flicker

still no wifi or ability to terminal to the board.

i have a 3.5v lipo from the old chip setup so that little gift is PERFECT syed now that battery now has another use :slight_smile: also mine is dim when its active just have to rehunt the sat and figure out a mount

@ac8dg On Windows, are you not seeing anything in Device Manager that says CDC Composite Gadget? Based on what you are describing, the radio is working.

In order to terminal into the board, please update the driver in Device Manager.

1. Select “other Devices”, then “CDC Composite Gadget”
  2. Right click and select UPDATE DRIVER > BROWSE> LET ME PICK> PORTS> Microsoft > USB Serial

Device Manager will then update and show the board on a COM port. You can then use Putty to initiation a session.

BUG: Tuner app is not displaying information in Status tab. This will be fixed very soon.

acculy the tab does diplay data if you set it to active then apply it will work and start to display data

weird I tried that same thing still nothing shows in the status tab

also weard im getting blips of no lock does not last long like for a sec

wait so the tuner status being blank is a bug? thank goodness… thought I was losing my mind over here XD

Both units came today. Please send the label for the return of the one sent 1st Class.

@Solocircuit My mistake; I was confused on something. The tuner app will be empty until the radio receives even a corrupt packet. Something needs to be received before the radio can provide any information to the status tab.

What is your SNR?

well I am getting zip… does it matter if the tuner is set to active or passive?

It should be active.

You will also need to twist the LNB to adjust the skew. No more than 90-degrees.

How would I do that? sorry for the ignorance I’m new to all this…

right now I have it connected to the dish outside and its plugged in to the lnb port

oh wow Im dumb yeah I see it on the lnb outside cant get it to twist though

wtf I literally tapped it and it works!