Just got mine and I guess it's working

Got it.

Not sure what the criterion is for selecting the files to download? I assume I ingest everything that I don’t already have? How many files are sent down concurrently?

Yes. Its a “broadcast”. So everyone gets the same set of files.

Right now we are only sending down one file at a time. But we sometimes send down more. You will see multiple transfers listed when that happens.

Mark should the weather app load? I just get to see the directory structure and files.

Also, I don’t get the headshots in the wikipedia files, did you have to do something special?

Weather app will load if you click on the “Weather” folder, but it needs to download over the satellite link first. If you leave the receiver up for about a day or so, you should receive it.

The weather app loads fine on my unit with a direct connection to the Outernet AP.

But when I connect to Marks over the internet the app doesn’t load hence my question.

yes. He hasn’t received the Weather app yet. He has received some weather data, but not the app itself.

ah, ok thanks

It rain yesterday a lot here. I did not have time to block the shrink wrap going out to the Ant.

Today I could not get to it’s IP. But I could get on it with my cell phone and I rebooted it. That worked so I could get on the Ethernet part of it again.

Went out side and put shrink wrap over it and all so silicon rubber around the shrink wrap were they over lap and were it goes in the house. Got these photos of it.

Before I did heat to the shrink wrap.

Here is after I put heat on it.

After I put silicon rubber on it.

The other side of it.

Here is a screen shot of my cell phone connected to it after I did this.

I guess it got the 4 “Packet Failure count” when I unhooked the Ant. to put the shrink wrap tube on it.

Just have to let the silacon dry now. I guess 24 hours so tomorrow. This should be set for about 50 years then I guess.

-Raymond Day

I wonder if the antenna will degrade/corrode at all over time.

I believe you are the world’s record holder at 10 dB SNR.

Wow thanks I don’t know to good the numbers if they are good or bad. Just know 0 error number is good.

I used this app on my cell phone:

Satellite AR

Just search for that app, it’s free. Your phone has to get GPS and uses the camera and over lays a like grid and you pick what Satellite you want to find and pont your cell phone wile it’s showing were you pont it with your camera and it has a pointer were that satellite is and you move your cell phone till you see a Satellite icon overlay on your camera. Then you know right were to pint the Outernet antenna.

-Raymond Day

Just thought of this. I hooked up mine with only a USB cable to make it longer. All the Ant. stuff stayed the same. Not extension on it. I only extended it with the USB cable.

-Raymond Day

I’ll see your 10.15dB and raise you an 11.36dB captured with the DIY kit and antenna.

1 Like

I think I got you beat … and it was outta the box 1 hour ago…

Where are you? With that kind of SNR, you have no need for a directional antenna. An omni would even work for you.

sam, can you tell me the sequence of commands you used to do this?(move file to tmp and back to opaks) I’m not up to speed on Linux.

NM… figured it out and it didn’t fix the problem.

theres definitely a problem with your usb disk - probably bad format.

could you try leaving it off, and just use the internal storage for a day or so to verify?

Clean out the opaks dir after you remove the usb drive.

Did that and it’s working again. Odd… It was formatted FAT32. Is it too large or should I just try a different format or flash drive?

@k5ted Can you try another flash drive, but still format it FAT32?