Outernet 3.0: 30kbps now, 100kbps eventually - even smaller antenna

Outernet on L-Band is finally dead on Alphasat :frowning:

It seems like it was deactivated yesterday at around 9:13 (AM) UTC.

There are the last files i was able to get.

@Syed

1 Like

yup i agree no lock in my area in upstate NY also I am ready for the new one.

1 Like

Out with the old and on with the new.

1 Like

… “IN with the new”! No problem only I hope the New goes On! :sunglasses:

do we have some kind of eta of the kits to setup the new systems

1 Like

Has anyone found a 5v 2a power cube that is waterproof or environmentally qualified ?
I have found a “marine” rated usb gasketed/theaded outet/socket, but hard to source. During our recent -20 deg weather, followed by a rain/thaw/freeze my typical indoor cube failed completely, Not really unexpected.

update: I thawed everything out and it was the dreamcatcher v.203 that is kaput. Everything was dry but obviously it didn’t like a 80 deg F temperature swing.

next time I will probably use this potted power supply
http://www.jameco.com/z/IRM-30-5ST-MEAN-WELL-Miniature-AC-DC-Module-type-Power-Supply-5-Volts-6-Amps-30-Watts-Screw-Terminal-IO_2218652.html

1 Like

Hopefully with this new version of the dreamcatcher board and using g regular coax cable the dreamcatcher board can now get to hide in side on the setups that used to require the board to be allmost next to the attenna.

1 Like

Yes, we think the analog front end can be a good distance from the receiver.

1 Like

That’s pretty nice supply. Nice find.

–Konrad, WA4OSH

i agree that would work good for the setups where you want no acculal connectors to get gunked or screwd up

1 Like

a screenshot of where NSS-7 in the sky from south east England.
Fortunately I’m moving to the eastern United States so I won’t have to wait!

1 Like

@Syed will the new board be sold in a kit that has the lnb included?

1 Like

Yes.

3 Likes

"What we’ve got here is failure to communicate"
From 1967 movie “Cool Hand Luke”

Not giving up. Next info release?

1 Like

“Not giving up. Next info release?”… Yes, Please! and some on APAC coverage…?

regards

lm

1 Like

Yes, we definitely plan to bring APAC back. I don’t know exactly when, but it will not be forgotten.

1 Like

New test signal is up. This will be signed for this week. It is pretty close to G28. Blog post to come tomorrow or Friday.

3 Likes

Can you share details on the signal? Frequency, bandwidth, modulation and such? I remember you referencing some tricks to get more SNR. Are you summing signal while you repeat the same symbol X times?

Good news - - G28 is at 89 deg W. That vicinity gets nice North America coverage. Don’t know if you’ll be using G28, but notionally G28’s Ku-band footprint shown below is representative. Ken

2018-02-01 08_18_59-SatBeams - Satellite Details - Galaxy 28 (G-28, Telstar 8, Intelsat Americas 8,

2 Likes

What will be included with the new 3.01 package? It sounds like the Dreamcatcher and LNB. Will any cable between the two be included?