Weather Folders

Question. Does the weather app run n IOS?

Hello,

I just found your comment on Outernet Forums and i want to get the log, if you donā€™t mindā€¦

My email is [email protected]

Thank You before :slight_smile:

Hello Ricky

The Weather info I posed awhile ago was when I was looking at the Weather App in the old Rxos system using the Librarian on a CHIP system. Now I am running Skylark 4.4 on the new Dreamcatcher. The Weather App runs flawlessly here too.

Do you still want a log out of Skylark? Ken

Hello Ken

Now i using rxOS on my rapsberry, is there any log of weather for raspi? Or the log from skylark can used in raspi too?

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi - - I never thought about it. They probably are the same. Ken

Hello

Okay Ken, would you mind to send me the file of weather? If you donā€™t mind :slight_smile:

Thank You

Hereā€™s my structure from Skylarkā€™s File Manager:

First Level -

Second Level -

Third Level Data -

Fourth Level Oscar -

Fifth Level Weather -

Sixth Level 2017 -

Seventh Level 07 -

Eight Level Contents of 21 -

Ninth Level Contents of Current -

Tenth Level (Back to Top) Grib files -

Eleventh Level Contents of gfs.2017071800

This all represents the last 18 hours of received Weather inputs from Outernet. I started with a clean Dreamcatcher SD card OS to get rid of old stuff. My Weather Tab looks as follows after running for 18 hours:

Hope this helps you. Ken

By the way, Ricky, here is my balloon. Ken

Thank You Ken

Itā€™s very helpful for me, but now iā€™m still using rxOS with raspberry pi and i had run Outernet for along time and still canā€™t get the weather data, the weather data is just contain the weather files and not look like this
http://forums.othernet.is/uploads/db5774/original/2X/d/d1ca9c81ea06527cf4f7be4580c45f9d2846c71b.jpg

Is there any solution for this, Ken?

do you have the weather app installed? I doubt it is broadcast anymore.

Hello, I have also been waiting for that file but as @demandzm says I think it is no longer available in the carrousel, what I did was read several posts about it and finally I found the solution that was to download the file and copy it to the folder dowloads / Opaks and after rebooting I could already have the application of the weather working, the link to download is in the post # 2 of the thread ā€œBuilding a receiver with a Raspberry pi 3ā€ good luck!

1 Like

I am just putting together an rpi3 w/ one of the surplus antenna with the rtl-sdr/lna attached. So my question is which file has the opaks? or if I use the image of rxos-rpi3 that is in dropbox you list above ā€¦ is that ready to go?

I have used the same image of RXos for RPi that is in the link, it works well and the only thing I had to do was fix the problem with Weather app, which has to be downloaded and copied to the downloads /opak folder, I think in the folder opaks arrive the compressed files that are downloaded and once processed they go to their respective folders (news, Wikiā€¦etc), at least thatā€™s what I suppose happens, Iā€™m not sure.

Download weather.tbz2 from the link below. Copy the file to the mnt/downloads/Opaks folder. You can do this via FTP. I dont remember if you can right click and select upload in librarian, like you can in skylark. After you add this file the weather app will be extracted to the appropriate location. This should only take 10-15 minutes at most.

That got me most of the way, I ftpā€™d (mput) the file and it is showing in the opaks folder, After about six hours I have about 6 json files in each weather/data/weather/2017/18,19,20 and current folders. But how or where does the app install? Should I have un-tarā€™d the tbz2 file? or should I have specified binary before I did the ftp? Iā€™m a little rusty at some of these commands.

Try rebooting. You dont have to extract the file. I dont know about your last question. I normally use filezilla so i dont have to remember commands.

Gā€™day Allā€¦!
First post, just starting getting my feet wet before I buy the H/W and jump into it. My plan is to equip my boat with a mean to receive current weather (wind, waves mainly) GRIBS for the AUS/NZ areaā€¦ I may be asking a few simple questions in the beginning, while I go through the forums.
One quick one now please,
given that the daily gribs are broadcast at 0000Z (1000AM in AUS), how long will the download take? MByte size?
BTW, I assume all three sats are broadcasting the same content at the same time
TIA
LuigiM

Cool! :slight_smile: