Dreamcatcher 3.0 Satellite for Europe

Nice! Also found an error in the listing:

Thanks! Just updated it.

If I have the LNB connected via a pigtail, a lit LED3 (LNB on) and I’m pointing it in the right direction what are my next steps to troubleshoot?

mmm… so you have set the right Frequency, pointed at the sat and nothing…mmm

What LNB Are you using? the maverick that comes with the DC?

Hello, and excuse me for getting into this thread, in 3 weeks I will be traveling to Germany. If I carry my dreamcatcher equipment, I can have coverage in Germany and try it once and for all. Thank you

Hopefully you’ll be able to use @Tysonpower Manuel’s new Satellite Locating program and Skkylark 5.6 there. Syed is planning to release it on the carousel soon. Ken

1 Like

I’ve tried both, I have a maverick and an unbranded one, changed the settings in Skylark as appropriate depending on which one i’m using.

@sam_uk This is strange. Do you have it currently up and pointed? We may need to do some beam-type testing to better understand the problem. Which part of the UK are you in?

Is this you, Sam in the UK? - - image

Ken

@sam_uk Feel free to email me with times you are available to troubleshoot this.

Thanks for the facility to see the thing working. Mine is ‘in transit’ and seems to be being delivered by someone rowing across the atlantic

I was in contact with my friend near the Dead Sea, He had the time now to do stuff with his kids so he hooked up a FTA satellite box and tuned Astra 3B and scanned for TV. He was able to get the wide Europe TV transponder footprint but not the narrower Europe TV transponder channels. Once he tuned the 60cm offset dish to get a 95% signal and 38% quality from Astra 3B(zero% sigQ for Europe narrow inc 11683) he connected the Othernet board and got nothing.
Region EU
Frequency 11.681242
beam Type 164
Othernet Dual Band LNB
[ OK ] Bias-T is configured on: 0x8b
[ OK ] Bias-T voltage is set to 14.2V
[ OK ] LNB power is configured on
[ OK ] LNB detected, normal current flow: 0x23
[ OK ] Bias-T Voltage normal
no packet LED no rx packets in logging

Maybe someone receiving the astra 3b othernet can confirm whether the lnb antenna for othernet should be vertical or horizontal polariation orientation. If the station has 95% signal (on video feeds) then it should be correctly pointed. Then one variable to check is the skew of the lnb.
I looked at www.satbeams.com for 23E charts / channel list and adjacent feeds seem to be vertical (see freq. 11675-11678 fta audio), and Horizontal (paid 11720 MHz).

I don’t know the correct setting for astra 3B

thank to Wolfang you can see in europe the settings, goto:http://obereip.selfhost.de/

[ OK ] Bias-T voltage is set to 14.2V, this mean vertical polarization (out cable vertical).

Frequency is ok.

According to what Lyngsat thinks there should be a zero signal for the Euro spot even in Tel-Aviv which is maybe 30-40km east of the dead sea.
Astra 3B at 23.5°E - LyngSat just search 11681

I know one of us operating in Gibraltar has good reception, but I think he had some initial problems. He’s at about the same receive level as one in the Dead Sea area - -

Perhaps he can contribute to the issue here. Ken

1 Like

I did have some initial problems in Gib, I re-purposed a 1m dish which was giving me the BBC satback transponder - although initially it worked, the LNB packed in which is something unusual. Swapping it out for the one which came with the dreamcatcher things worked fine and have a solid +4.5db signal. My other problems have been with the wifi link which sometimes drops despite the dreamcatcher being 2m away in a locked room. I bought a ethernet dongle as would like things wired, but have not had time to install it due to the current crisis. I’ve been doing TVRO since Sky launched on analogue so very comfortable about pointing and aligning dishes for weak signals. A 1m dish is overkill but it was there.

1 Like

I would check for congestion on whatever wifi channel you use. Or just change the channel and see if it gets better.

Its not that, but those are sensible solutions. I can remote reset the router and the dc as it was offline. I think it was still receiving data although the internet link was down - so switching it off and on again (IT crowd advice) worked.

How is the performance when you use the Othernet Hotspot mode. It works just between the Dreamcatcher and the computer tuned to the Othernet Hotspot, so overload issues should occur. Ken