Dreamcatcher 3.0 Satellite for Europe

Haven’t tried the hotspot mode. The receiver is in my TV headend room wireless linked to an AP and down a wire to my network. Ideally I’d like it hardwired and I bought the correct usb<>ethernet adaptor but ran out of time as have been busy setting up remote working for people.

1 Like

Here is the Lyngsat pic of the Europe spot, Astra 3B Europe beam
11681 H
tp 11
Europe Ku (feeds) DVB-S2 3750-5/6 8PSK
Jamie A 191212
The tight signal Othernet uses really extends the signal quality especially at the edges by providing tight long low rate LoRa sampling(vs fast TV signals) with error correction over the time dimension simulating a higher SNR over m^2. I wonder how large a dish is being used in Gibraltar, my guess from memory is my guy’s dish is around 60-70cm oval offset.
(edit)
@Syed, do you know who or what is Jamie A. 191212 and who&what are all of the other non TV/radio feeds we can see on Lyngsat from him and others.

I believe what you are showing is one of Astra 3B’s beams - - the Europe Spot Beam. As I understand it, Othernet is using the Pan-Europe Beam which is broader. Syed can confirm this. Ken

Yeah that should be right, they got the Pan Europe Beam:

Last time I spoke to my friend’s son he said that he was getting the pan-Europe beam transponder TV channels with a good signal % using a DVB-S2 receiver, but other stuff on othernet’s same transponder got a big zero for signal.