I had finally some time, yesterday evening, to begin designing my planned 3D printable case for the DIY Kit, that can be used on every Sat angle (Universal).
The Case will have the following features:
- stand to adjust for Sat angle
- rail for mounting the Patch Antenna
- mounting for SDRx and CHIP
- Room for a acrylic front (Optional, otherwise 3D printable)
- mount for a fan to cool the CHIP / SDRx
- Only one microusb on the outside
The Case will be only a little bit bigger than thepatch antenna. It’s not completed yet, but the dimensions should be around 15x13x4,5cm (LxWxH). The mentioned acrylic front can be replaced by a 3D printable cover. Personally i plan to engrave the Outernet logo into the acrylic and add some blue leds inside the case
Down below are some renders, that show my progress so far.
If the Case is completed, i will publish it on Thingiverse so everyone can print it out.
If you have any suggestions or ideas for the case , please write them into this post. Thanks!
regards from Germany,