Dreamcatcher 3.0 Satellite for Europe

@Tysonpower I see you are not using the Maverick LNB. I only have the maverick. Is it still working with the new beam? Or am I making any mistake with my Setup?

I’m not getting anything in the status window (Tuner settings are OK)…according to the logs though it’s detecting the LNB and the voltage is about 14v - I have got it on a 5M USB lead…i’ll go and tweak that for now.

I’ve even tried with the LNB outside the window.

Mark

The maverick is worse then the Octagon OSLO, but it works. Still inside, looking trough a window.

OSLO:

Maverick:

The offset on the Maverick is quite large and it could be that the receiver is completely missing the carrier. That’s one of the reasons for the Othernet LNB (and a TCXO LNB we are coming out with, but that’s a different story).

Got a lock!..had to dangle the LNB out of the window!..WOuld like to head outside but it’s chucking it down in NW england at the moment!

@Syed is the Othernet LNB already available? But it seems Tyson’s Maverick is working.

I thought with this beam, the Maverick wasn’t the better LNB?

It works, BUT not good…just get a Octagon OSLO for now, it doesen’t even cost 10€ on amazon/ebay.

1 Like

The Othernet LNB is available. You won’t get one in time for this test beam; it’s only up for a week. The lease will be effective either August or September 1st; I would like to time it with the next Dreamcatcher production.

1 Like

So Amazon same/next day it has to be :stuck_out_tongue:

I think any decent PLL LNB will be better as the maverick

After a few Hours (over night) all is fine with the Signal. 100% valid packets (over 230000 decocded), just with the LNB indoors as before.

1 Like

Status Update: Still all fine, almost 700k packets received, 100% valid packets only with the LNB.
@Syed status page is offline btw., also any news on beaming down real data insted of empty packets?

I misspoke earlier. It’s just going to be test packets for now so that we can monitor the signal levels. Sorry about that. But we do have a path forward; Astra 3B is the winner. September 1st start date is what I’m planning on.

1 Like

Sounds good! As i said, Go Astra in Europe, there is nothing better.

Btw. what is the max datarate you can do over the link? Currently in 163 it’s 16kb/s right

You have an especially strong link. We want to keep some margin for people at the edge of the beam, so I don’t think we will go any faster than 16kbps at this power level.

Just for curiosity… the link in your post (number 30 above) is to the ‘PanEuropean ku’ beam. but the frequencies 11681 look like the transponder used for packages on the ‘european ku’ from satbeams.

the european beam seem just a little narrower spread… not designed to cover as large of an area.

Oh, that’s a great catch. I’ll need to confirm this with SES.

Made some trails yesterday to lock into Astra 3, 23.5 E at 11.681 GHz vertical with the Dreamcatcher. With a well positioned 40 cm dish and “tuning” between 11681.100 MHz and 11681.500 MHz I could lock with the Othernet LNB as well as with some standard TV LNBs and the Maverick too. Problem is the LOF accuracy and stability. Once there is a lock the signals are heavy: SNR 9 dB and 16.136 bps. Removing the LNBs from the dish the SNR drops to - 7 dB up to - 9.5 dB with 10 to 16 kbps depending on LNB.

Today I took the board with the Maverick LNB in my office. The LNB is pointed out of the (open!) window, the SNR is at - 7 dB and it runs stable with 16 kbps:

Location is at 13.4 E and 51 N just in the centre of the beam…

2 Likes

I spend 2 hours … to get signal lock on device with / without the maverick LNB.

It could be great to have a real & professional information like -> Schedule test / real informations about frequency / pid ( 163 ?? ) / SAT position in official way by a sticked post … not inside a thread of 80 answers…

• Device is very unstable … network side , browser side , and signal , it miss a lot of debug.

Someone can post a real ‘custom’ grab of the data … because i get no lock at all, thanks !

I used a sat meter for normal universal KU LNB, then swapped with the maverick , nothing can do or change.

Debug data show that LNB is found … and no lock ! Whatever.
How people can debug this “non finished” product if we have no real debug information in real time ?

Why not adding a device to export signal in /proc/satmeter ?

1 Like

Well a sticked post would be nice, but here are the infos:

Sat: Astra 3B
Position: 23.5E
Frequency(Ghz): 11.6812420
Beam Type: 163

Another Tipp: you have to enter the frequency in ghz as written above, i made the mistake using mhz (11681. instead of 11.)