Outernet Test Success in India

@gandhiraj I have also had issues with external drives not receiving sufficient power from the Pi. The tuner consumes a significant amount of power, as does the wifi dongle (if you are using it).

Unrelated: Is there any specific content you would like for us to deliver?

@pradeeka @branko @Syed @ThaneRichard
I tried with two different power suppllies

EXTERNAL USB DRIVE USED : HP V221W (16 GB)

1. samsung made : [NOT WORKING]
    MODEL ATADU101BE
    OUTPUT - 5V - 0.7 A

2. COMPANY : AKE [ WOKING SUCCESSFULLY]
    TYPE ; SWITCHED MODE POWER ADAPTOR
    5 V - 2 AMPS

3. Hope things woking fineā€¦

Thanks all for your timely supportā€¦

GIVE ME YOUR DIRECTIONS TO TAKE THIS IN TO NEXT LEVELā€¦

Yes. Iā€™m using 2A/5V power supply. Raspberry Pi requires more amps to work with external peripherals.

Certainly! :smile:

0.7A is probably not going to be enough even for Pi1. As soon as some CPU-intensive operation starts, Pi will power down. Iā€™m not surprised it did not work.

Yeah, that sounds reasonable. Iā€™m usually testing with 1.5A power supply and it works well enough. I think thatā€™s probably the minimum current for Pi2.

That depends on what ā€˜next levelā€™ is. :smile:

Hi gandhraj greetings from kerala

Thanks mr.najeeb.
May i know about you?

I am in Ranchi, Jharkhand, India trying to set up our Lighthouse. Thus far we utterly failed to tune it to ABS-2. We need help. According to the satfinder website, we should be looking:
*) 60 degrees above terrain
*) 25 degrees west of true south
The figure above terrain seems odd; other dishes on our roof (for Airtel and TataSky) are both pointed approximately 30 degrees above terrain. So we tried both 30 and 60.

We used librarian.outernet ā€œTuner Settingsā€ to search for a lock. It barely flickered thrice.
Did you use the Tuner Settings screen? Does it reliably update itself in real-time as you pivot the satellite dish? How did you find your angle and aziumuth?
Thanks! Aron and Satyam for www.ekal.org

What is your geographical location in India? Also tell us about your dish size.

EDIT: Is this the location?

According to the satbeams the values should be,

Elevation angle: 60.3Ā° - Use about 50 degree elevation
LNB Tilt (skew): -22.5Ā° - Rotate lnb neck clockwise

True azimuth: 204.6Ā° - Number of degrees from north and clockwise. You can use a mobile compass app to find this.

I think this will help you to align the antenna.

hello friends,
i thinking to make ICT based learning module in gov school. i would like to fund for the project, kindly help me to do. i am thinking to make outernet connectivity with ras pi to enhance education. my self running a trust for past 5 years
and serving for the society kindly join hands for this project.
my contact no 9442411575 whatapp