Service Outage on AlphaSat (back up). APAC is still down

Hello,

Tried to change the Frequency but /mnt/conf/etc/skylark_conf.json does not exitst.

I Found it in /etc/skylark_config.json. Edited it with the new frequency saved and make sure that it’s been written. then I have done the sync command and rebooted. After connecting I found out that it doesn’t change at all. Custom Frequency didn’t change. Tried again and changed the Values. Then I additionally created the file under /mnt/conf/etc/skylark_conf.json and have written the settings in this one, too. Now the Chip won’t start up. Any Infos?

Greetings and good night!

Daniel

HELLO

Did you use VI for windows or just DOS command to alter these values?

joey

Hi Joey,

When i changed the values i was directly logged in on the Chip over Putty.

Anyone has any idea on how to fix the News app ?
@Zoltan does not seem to respond :frowning:

G’day all!
just curious, is this News App bug likely to pop up to APAC users when/if the beam comes back with a diff frequency?

Also, I was experimenting with vi editing /mnt/conf/etc/skylark_conf.json, couldn’t change the Custom freq and got the message “read-only file” or similar, anybody else with same problem?

thanx
lm

hi, what receiver setup you have? CHIP / DC? What’s your image version?
After we know this @Abhishek probably can advise on this.

But as we have a fresh image released you can also use that without any config edition:
http://forums.outernet.is/t/new-image-with-new-emea-frequency/4137/12

try this in sudo mode!

also here is the new image available which solves this problem: We Moved!

VI linux, it’s all executed from an SSH / UART terminal

you not need VI on windows as you will use your Dreamcatchers VI (linux)

I use a CHIP-based receiver.
As for the image: We Moved!

@Abhishek - did you managed to test the new CHIP image? If I remember correctly, the new build wasn’t tested and some people complained about the Text editor app.

yes, thanx, my bad, forgot to sudo…

Thanks zol, I will try tomorrow…

You mean when you plug your DC UART header to your PC RS232 port or through USB to RS232 converter running Window 7,8, or 10, it will automatically establish a connection and ready to accept the vi command through PuTTY?

Joey

Hi Foxconn

Thanks.

You mean when you plug DC UART header to your PC RS232 port or through USB to RS232 converter running Window 7,8, or 10, it will automatically establish a connection and ready to accept the vi command?

Joey

you need an adapter like this:

1 Like

Hello Joey,

I connected over WLAN to the Outernet network and then logged me in over Putty (SSH) and opened the file and edited it. I don’t have a USB to RS232 or UART converter.

Daniel

1 Like

Hi Daniel,

ok big thanks I will try that…

Kindly please send me screenshot of your PuTTY SSH setup/configuration.

Joey

Hi zolt

big thanks…

I will try through WLAN SSH approach so as not to buy another converter. I have already FT232 in my old stock.

BR,

Joey

FTDI FT232 shold be fine too:

1 Like

Hi zolt,

Thanks again…

I will do this one too after playing with WLAN SSH.

Kindly please show me your PuTYY SSH setup.

BR,
Joey