Dreamcatcher $99

@theblottobox I have 100 Dreamcatchers arriving in about two weeks. I don’t have any patches left, but those wouldn’t work now. What do you need one for?

1 Like

Syed,

When will the next batch of the new boards and receivers be coming in? Life got hectic and I didn’t remember to order one.

Thanks,

Paul

@PArmstr The next batch is on its way to me.

Wow you guys are back on the air? I wandered off when the project stopped broadcasting and then got busy with life, starting a company. I also took a break from ham radio too. Someone on r/amateurradio posted asking about the project so I came looking. I see my old equipment would work with the new LMB. I am not fully caught up yet but this is pretty exciting! I really wanted you guys to be a success.

@kf4hzu I don’t think we ever really went off-air? Maybe for a few days/weeks? It’s possible, I just don’t remember.

If you have any thoughts on how the service–at 2 kbps–could be more useful, I’m all ears. Since you are coming back to it after a long break, you might have some really useful insight.

This was years ago but yes I think it was a few weeks to a month. Maybe contract negotiations?

Back when I was very active the service was broadcasting open license books, the top-something of Wikipedia, world news and a few other things. I may even have a backup of the old stream somewhere. You were also selling credits where someone could tweet a URL and it would be included in the next transmit cycle. I bought some of those credits too. This was when the signal worked indoors with a small patch antenna.

If you guys are still doing that, then great! My LMB should be arriving today so I’ll likely be online this weekend. Once I get more up to speed with the current state of the project I’d be happy to offer any feedback I may have. I am just excited you guys are still going :slight_smile:

Edit: Seems I started around December 2016: Are you a ham? Stand up and be counted - #66 by kf4hzu

Syed,

Is there another link to purchase the new boards?

I’ll post a link this week. The latest batch has been received.

It’s finally possible to buy a Dreamcatcher again. Here is the link:

This is a very rudimentary kit. It includes only the Dreamcatcher and Bullseye. No instructions are included, so please ask any questions on the forum. The Dreamcatcher requires a 5V/2A USB-C power supply (phone charger) and you’ll also need to supply a coax (RG-6) cable.

The schematic will be posted on Github this weekend.

2 Likes

Could you re-post on this page what parameters are necessary to set up this unit, please? (/frequency, beam type)

Thanks,
Jerry

1 Like

@maxboysdad Do you mean the old Dreamcatcher with Skylark or the new one?

Sorry I wasn’t clear. I meant the new 2301. Does it require the carrier frequency minus the LO in the LNB for the freq setting, also do we maintain the beam type at 36.

Yes, you’ll need to subtract the LO from the downlink RF carrier. There are no more beam types in the new Dreamcatcher UI. You’ll now see the actual LoRa modulation parameters.

Thank you. So then the firmware does the setup without manual input?

There are presets, similar to Skylark.

So, how soon until you ship the new units? I have a tracking number, but the postoffice says they only have pre-shipment notification just received today, 5/17.

Pre-Shipment

Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item

May 17, 2023

It looks like none of orders that shipped out on Monday have been updated in the USPS system. It should fix itself by tomorrow.

Mine shows as arriving tomorrow. Will go through the build process later tonight in order to be ready when it gets here.

I just fired up my 2301 (replacing my 2206). No changes to LNB / aim (Bullseye mounted on Dish Network). I was getting about SNR about 1 before the changeout. I clicked the new “US Sat” button (I am in U.S.) but I got a different frequency 1308100000 instead of 2308100000. @SYED post from May 14 said 2308100000 and that’s what I had on the 2206. Is the 2301 different? Here’s a screen shot:

@BillMc There is a typo/bug in the latest firmware. The US setting should be 2308100000. The incorrect value that shows is 1308100000. Please manually change it to the correct value.

1 Like