Dreamcatcher $99

Sorry I wasn’t clear. I meant the new 2301. Does it require the carrier frequency minus the LO in the LNB for the freq setting, also do we maintain the beam type at 36.

Yes, you’ll need to subtract the LO from the downlink RF carrier. There are no more beam types in the new Dreamcatcher UI. You’ll now see the actual LoRa modulation parameters.

Thank you. So then the firmware does the setup without manual input?

There are presets, similar to Skylark.

So, how soon until you ship the new units? I have a tracking number, but the postoffice says they only have pre-shipment notification just received today, 5/17.

Pre-Shipment

Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item

May 17, 2023

It looks like none of orders that shipped out on Monday have been updated in the USPS system. It should fix itself by tomorrow.

Mine shows as arriving tomorrow. Will go through the build process later tonight in order to be ready when it gets here.

I just fired up my 2301 (replacing my 2206). No changes to LNB / aim (Bullseye mounted on Dish Network). I was getting about SNR about 1 before the changeout. I clicked the new “US Sat” button (I am in U.S.) but I got a different frequency 1308100000 instead of 2308100000. @SYED post from May 14 said 2308100000 and that’s what I had on the 2206. Is the 2301 different? Here’s a screen shot:

@BillMc There is a typo/bug in the latest firmware. The US setting should be 2308100000. The incorrect value that shows is 1308100000. Please manually change it to the correct value.

1 Like

I just got my 2301 running. However, I have lost the information on how to access it, HELP, please.

Please search for the wifi network “Othernet”. The password is “othernet”

I do that and get a connect, but can’t get a connect using 10.0.0.1

Thanks! that got me in. Much appreciated!

I have ordered two units with 2301 boards. Will they be flashed with firmware?

Mike
N6IMF

@hobergenix Yes, they are flashed and preset to receive from SES-2.

@hobergenix Since you are a ham and have two of them, you might want to figure out how to transmit. The existing firmware does not support transmitting, but the board can definitely do so.

Need help!! I incorrectly set my WIFI credentials into the 2301 and can’t get into it from a browser. How do I do a factory reset from the board? Ken

Do you see the Othernet wifi network when you search for networks on your phone or PC?

Not any more. I did see it and logged in successfully when I started it up, but then changed the wifi connection to my home system so I could port forward it. I entered some bad information. I have a simple problem of getting back into the 2301without a browser to reset its wifi to Othernet again.

All this is as a result of the global Asus Router failures of this week end. Ken